Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Ever since I upgraded to 3.1.2 via Pwnage 3.1.4, the phone has been constantly crashing since the 1st time I JB'd at this firmware, it's gotten stuck at the pineapple at reboot forcing me to do a full restore at least 3 times on the iPhone. I've pwn'd previous versions of the FW.

Anyone else experiencing this? I only have SBSettings, GV Mobile, iRealSMS & Unltrasn0w installed. Ultrasn0w is just in prep for my trip next month and I"m on AT&T. Any ideas on what's causing this? Have I JB'd my phone too many times? Is it possible to corrupt the hardware?

update:
Got forced into DFU and now in restore but now constantly getting error 1600. Help?

And now...iTunes can't even recognize the phone. It just sits at the pineapple boot logo. I've tried cycling it, recovery technique, DFU, nothing is working now. Incredibly frustrating.

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Back in DFU mode but still getting error 1600.

Anyone? I really don't want to have to go to stock 3.1.2. I'm leaving for europe in a few weeks and really can't afford to not have my iphone or to pay for all that roaming.

*SIGH*

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Back in DFU mode but still getting error 1600.

Anyone? I really don't want to have to go to stock 3.1.2. I'm leaving for europe in a few weeks and really can't afford to not have my iphone or to pay for all that roaming.

*SIGH*

Try putting the phone into recovery mode and using the same custom restore IPSW you used the first time (as long as you know you built it correctly or got the correct one) Maybe it's the IPSW that is causing the crashes ?

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Try putting the phone into recovery mode and using the same custom restore IPSW you used the first time (as long as you know you built it correctly or got the correct one) Maybe it's the IPSW that is causing the crashes ?

I can't get into recovery mode any more, just DFU at this point. Still error 1600. The ipsw was correctly built and rebuilt. The activate box was *not* checked. I don't know what to do.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I can't get into recovery mode any more, just DFU at this point. Still error 1600. The ipsw was correctly built and rebuilt. The activate box was *not* checked. I don't know what to do.

Have you plugged it in and tried it?

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=367

There are more issues than that box. If you installed Cydia and Icy both, that can cause issues. Only install Cydia, OhenSSH and Open SSL, nothing else

Choose no when asked if phone has been pwned before.

Good Luck.

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
Have you plugged it in and tried it?

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=367

There are more issues than that box. If you installed Cydia and Icy both, that can cause issues. Only install Cydia, OhenSSH and Open SSL, nothing else

Choose no when asked if phone has been pwned before.

Good Luck.

I tried everything I could find online. I never install Icy, only Cydia. I've never had a problem that I couldn't fix before.

Sadly...I had no choice but to update to stock 3.1.2 w/ baseband 5.11.07 =..( and now won't be able to use it when I travel overseas in a few weeks. Completely. Bummed.

Snide

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2005
I tried everything I could find online. I never install Icy, only Cydia. I've never had a problem that I couldn't fix before.

Sadly...I had no choice but to update to stock 3.1.2 w/ baseband 5.11.07 =..( and now won't be able to use it when I travel overseas in a few weeks. Completely. Bummed.

A friend just had a similar thing happen to his 3GS (pwned on 3.0), where it would show the apple logo with the frozen spinning wheel. After a lot of screwing around (recovery mode, DFU mode, ect) I was finally able to get it to accept a custom 3.1.2 IPSW. Needless to say, the baseband is still at 04.26.08.

Doing a stock restore (above 3.0) was never even considered - not even as a last resort...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.