Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

patrickdunn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
What do you think Apple will do for Universities, Libraries and any other public place that doesn't want their $69 mice stolen? Do you think there will be a wired version?

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
What do you think Apple will do for Universities, Libraries and any other public place that doesn't want their $69 mice stolen? Do you think there will be a wired version?

What uni or any public would spend that much on this mouse?

nick9191

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2008
Britain
Apple still offer the Mighty Mouse (or as it is now called due to trademark issues, the Apple Mouse) as a free BTO on the iMacs. The wired keyboard and wired keyboard with numpad are free BTO's as well.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Apple still offer the Mighty Mouse (or as it is now called due to trademark issues, the Apple Mouse) as a free BTO on the iMacs. The wired keyboard and wired keyboard with numpad are free BTO's as well.

How nice of Apple to be giving you a lesser product for free.

If anything, going with the wired keyboard or mouse should knock a few bucks off the price.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
How nice of Apple to be giving you a lesser product for free.

If anything, going with the wired keyboard or mouse should knock a few bucks off the price.

Nothing from Apple is "free" my friend, apart from updates. Not that I care :)

johnnj

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2008
Not here
I'd like to see a wired version, but only so I could share it between multiple machine using a USB switcher. To me that's always been the drag about BT wireless mice. Dongled mice switch fine.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I don't know, I mean why would I? But if you ask me Apple's logic with mice and keyboards fail me.

Wireless keyboards ... you'd think they'd get the hint and add a ****ing number pad. Wired keyboards without the number pad shipping with the new iMacs (purportedly). Fine, but why? Doesn't Apple have any knowledge that people do use the number pad? And with the influx of people who game I would think (if I think back to my old gaming days) that the number pad mattered.

So wired Magic Mouse? Who knows, but they should. Some people still need/want/like wires.

Eric8199

macrumors 6502a
Feb 27, 2009
I wish they had a wired version of the Magic Mouse because I don't like the jumpiness of bluetooth. Especially when you do layout and graphic design, there isn't as much precision with a bluetooth mouse. Plus I'd rather have the $50 price tag than $70. I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse right now, and if Best Buy has the Magic Mouse in stock by Halloween, I'll have one of those to replace it.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
I wish they had a wired version of the Magic Mouse because I don't like the jumpiness of bluetooth. Especially when you do layout and graphic design, there isn't as much precision with a bluetooth mouse. Plus I'd rather have the $50 price tag than $70. I have a Logitech Bluetooth mouse right now, and if Best Buy has the Magic Mouse in stock by Halloween, I'll have one of those to replace it.

This is what I want to know before I buy one. I won't buy another Apple mouse if it's as unprecise and jumpy as the wirless mighty mouse. I like the fluid motion that OSX gives for mouse movement, but it just doesn't follow through on the Mighty Mouse. :eek:

gwerhart0800

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
Loveland, CO
What about KVM users?

I use a Keyboard/Video/Mouse switcher to allow me to use a single Keyboard and Mouse between a MBP and a mini. I can't use bluetooth devices in this situation. I also can't use any of the software that "shares" the keyboard and mouse because the MBP is typically VPN'd into work, so it is not accessible by any other systems in my home office. There are other reasons to offer a corded version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.