Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Oct 23, 2009, 02:34 AM   #1
Watabou
macrumors 68020

Java in Xcode 3.2?

I just downloaded Xcode 3.2 and found out that there's no Java templates. I searched and found that I can go to the Organizer and open a Java tool project from there.But I don't know where to go from there. I tried creating a test file consisting of a simple for loop in the java tool project and tried running it but it instead runs a Hello World class. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to learn java and I'm in a beggining java class in college. And please don't suggest Eclipse or any other IDE. I have my own reasons for trying out Xcode.
Watabou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 03:34 AM   #2
Cromulent
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watabou View Post
I tried creating a test file consisting of a simple for loop in the java tool project and tried running it but it instead runs a Hello World class. Am I doing something wrong?
Yes. You need to edit the source file in the src directory that is included in the Java Tool project. Or delete it.
Cromulent is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2009, 02:13 PM   #3
Watabou
macrumors 68020

There's one java file in the src folder called Java_Tool.java. If I try to edit that or delete that file and add a file of my own in the src folder, and try to run it, it gives me an error that says build xml not found.
Watabou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 03:05 PM   #4
chown33
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watabou View Post
I tried creating a test file consisting of a simple for loop in the java tool project and tried running it but it instead runs a Hello World class. Am I doing something wrong?
If you want to run a different main class, you have to edit the Manifest file under "resources" in the Organizer project. At a minimum it should contain:

Code:
Main-Class: YourClassnameHere
If your main class is defined in a package, such as:

Code:
package my.fun.pkg;

public class MyMain
{ ...main method here... }
Then YourClassnameHere would be this fully qualified class-name: my.fun.pkg.MyMain
chown33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming