Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
I just downloaded Xcode 3.2 and found out that there's no Java templates. I searched and found that I can go to the Organizer and open a Java tool project from there.But I don't know where to go from there. I tried creating a test file consisting of a simple for loop in the java tool project and tried running it but it instead runs a Hello World class. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm trying to learn java and I'm in a beggining java class in college. And please don't suggest Eclipse or any other IDE. I have my own reasons for trying out Xcode.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
There's one java file in the src folder called Java_Tool.java. If I try to edit that or delete that file and add a file of my own in the src folder, and try to run it, it gives me an error that says build xml not found.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
A sea of green
I tried creating a test file consisting of a simple for loop in the java tool project and tried running it but it instead runs a Hello World class. Am I doing something wrong?

If you want to run a different main class, you have to edit the Manifest file under "resources" in the Organizer project. At a minimum it should contain:

Code:
Main-Class: YourClassnameHere

If your main class is defined in a package, such as:

Code:
package my.fun.pkg;

public class MyMain
{ ...main method here... }

Then YourClassnameHere would be this fully qualified class-name: my.fun.pkg.MyMain

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.