Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Oct 24, 2009, 09:58 PM   #1
FoxRaysing
macrumors newbie

Uncaught Exception: Loaded Nib but didn't get UITableView

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and new to iPhone Programming and was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with a problem that I've been trying to fix for a few days now.

I want to be able to click a cell in my table view and have it drill down into a more detailed table with additional information. I have my tab bar controllers in place and thought the navigation bar was set up properly as well, but when I build (it succeeds without any errors or warnings) and go, it loads up and when i click a cell in the table, I get this warning:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '-[UITableViewController loadView] loaded the "DetailView" nib but didn't get a UITableView.'

Is this strictly an Interface Builder problem?

I'm not sure what code to provide since I don't know where the problem lies, but can gladly provide it to anyone willing to help

Thanks!
FoxRaysing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:07 AM   #2
PhoneyDeveloper
macrumors 68030

If you're using a subclass of UITableViewController its view property, which you are setting in IB, must be a UITableView. I guess from the assertion failure you've connected the view property to some other kind of view.

UITableViewController works with tables that take up the whole screen. If you want to have a screen where there are other views you need to use a subclass of UIViewController.
PhoneyDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:09 AM   #3
FoxRaysing
macrumors newbie

Thanks so much, I changed it to UIViewController and everything worked
FoxRaysing is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming