Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FoxRaysing

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
Hey everyone,

I'm new here and new to iPhone Programming and was hoping that someone would be able to help me out with a problem that I've been trying to fix for a few days now.

I want to be able to click a cell in my table view and have it drill down into a more detailed table with additional information. I have my tab bar controllers in place and thought the navigation bar was set up properly as well, but when I build (it succeeds without any errors or warnings) and go, it loads up and when i click a cell in the table, I get this warning:

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInternalInconsistencyException', reason: '-[UITableViewController loadView] loaded the "DetailView" nib but didn't get a UITableView.'

Is this strictly an Interface Builder problem?

I'm not sure what code to provide since I don't know where the problem lies, but can gladly provide it to anyone willing to help :)

Thanks!

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
If you're using a subclass of UITableViewController its view property, which you are setting in IB, must be a UITableView. I guess from the assertion failure you've connected the view property to some other kind of view.

UITableViewController works with tables that take up the whole screen. If you want to have a screen where there are other views you need to use a subclass of UIViewController.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.