Snow Leopard, stop replacing my CAPITALS please? [solved] - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Old Oct 25, 2009, 05:08 AM   #1
C64
macrumors 6502a

Snow Leopard, stop replacing my CAPITALS please? [solved]

Hey all,

I think it's the new text replacement stuff in Snow Leopard that's causing this 'problem'. Every time I type more than one capital using the Shift key, the other capitals are replaced by lower case letters. Now this is useful when you mistakenly started a sentence with two capitals, but I find it extremely annoying when I actually do need multiple capitals. And using caps lock all the time is annoying as well.

Is there a way to turn this off? I like the rest of the hole text replacement thing, and would like to keep that turned on. But I can't really find anything that has to do with 'accidental double capitals' or something like that.

TIA! (yeah, that took backspaces and retyping )

Last edited by C64; Oct 25, 2009 at 05:53 AM.
C64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2009, 05:11 AM   #2
gr8tfly
macrumors 603

Which app are you using when you're seeing this behavior?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 05:52 AM   #3
C64
macrumors 6502a

Hmm.. I was stupid

I now notice it has to do with Synergy; I use it to work with my desktop keyboard/mouse on my MacBook over the network, but somehow it doesn't register all the shift-strokes. I'm typing this on my MacBook itself, and no problems.. Oh well, another problem solved
C64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:43 AM   #4
PhilaRobert
macrumors newbie

Shift key only capitalizes first letter

I'm having the same problem in ALL my typing: when I hold down the shift key for multiple letters, only the first is capitalized; the rest come out lower case. This is not a replacement behavior: I don't see the Uppercase letter get replaced by the lowercase one; only the first is uppercase.

Is there some new text replacement routine? Can this be customized? I can't stand having to release the shift key between letters or to have to shift-lock, shift unlock.

Thanks for any help.
PhilaRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X