Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I'm looking for an app that simply tracks my weight. I don't want to count my calories or anything like that.

The more stats an app can make, the better. But I don't want to have an app with a bunch of stuff I won't use.

Any suggestions? I want graphs and that sort of thing.

Been looking at WeightBot. Anything better?

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
[app]Tap and Track[/app] is one of the best paid app for weight because it gives you information such as how many calories and joules you have in your body and many interesting information.

If you want a simple weight loss app with just a graph... Go with weightbot.

I have both apps.

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
Bought weightbot because it was cheaper. I might look into that tap and track one. Thanks! :)

Clete2

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
USA
I actually went and purchased Tap & Track too. I actually like Weightbot more, since it's streamlined for what I want. I like the workout tracker in Tap & Track, but I think weightbot is exactly what I need.

Thanks!!

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
I'm looking for an app that simply tracks my weight. I don't want to count my calories or anything like that.

The more stats an app can make, the better. But I don't want to have an app with a bunch of stuff I won't use.

Any suggestions? I want graphs and that sort of thing.

Been looking at WeightBot. Anything better?

Is there any particular reason you don't want to count calories? Even if you are trying to gain weight, counting calories enables you to make better choices about the things you eat. For that matter, knowing nutrient content is pretty important for body builders attempting to get ripped or add bulk, etc.

nanohits

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
If you want to spend a bit more try the weighing scale and the iphone app that comes along with it. Its called Withings. http://www.withings.com. The scale works really well and it automatically tracks your weight and it works wirelessly and sends the info straight to the web app and the iphone app. Pretty cool device.

TomWmoT

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2011
Complex and time consuming or easy and effective

I have several health apps on my iPhone and have used several more of them. [app]Lose it![/app] and [app]MyFitnessPal[/app] are good apps if you want to keep track of every little thing everyday. Also [app]WeightWatchers[/app] if you want to pay a monthly fee (for a good service).

The one I use everyday, though, is an app called [app]Health Nut[/app]. Instead of tracking everything I am able to estimate my meals and my exercise. Using it I am down to my ideal weight and have been there for almost 6 months now. It only takes a minute everyday to input my entire day.

So, for easy and something I have been able to stick to I say [app]Health Nut[/app]. For more granular and time consuming tracking, perhaps one of the others mentioned above.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.