Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rapps

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
Do I need to get a new case for my 4G ipod thats in the mail? Anyone have any links to some good cases or skins?

Thanks!

C-Mezak

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
Edinburgh, Scotland
rapps said:
Do I need to get a new case for my 4G ipod thats in the mail? Anyone have any links to some good cases or skins?

Thanks!

While many of the cases for the 3G iPods will probably work with the new ones (though the newer ones are a bit slimmer), I havent seen any new skins out yet. I was going to get a skin from http://www.radtech.us for the 3G I ad on order, but Monday morning Apple sent me an email saying that they were sending me a 4G instead. Radtech seemed to be the best out there, so I hope they get their 4G skin out soon!

Charlie

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
There will be a myriad of skins and pouches to accomodate the new iPod. I say give it 2 weeks. Most people haven't even received a new 4G iPod yet, so don't worry about availability of accessories until 2 weeks from now. ;)

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
Your best bet is to keep checking the likes of iSkin, etc. - I can almost guarantee you that they'll have something released, tailored for the 4G iPod, in a matter of weeks.

rock6079

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
havent seen ne yet, most 3g cases shpuld work. and radtech makes one of the best ipod cases available

munchmime

macrumors member
Nov 14, 2003
not quite

C-Mezak said:
While many of the cases for the 3G iPods will probably work with the new ones (though the newer ones are a bit slimmer),

the wheel is in a different spot, up a little higher, and not totally compatible! I know, I have 3 different cases, and none cover it like you would expect. the do work well and will function well until new ones come out.

Super20

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2004
Council Bluffs, IA
I just purchased a "Monster" brand case. It's not really a case, but the 4G ipod I just got kind of clips in there. The back is totally covered and there is a clip to attach it to a deal that sticks on your car dash. The front is totally open...which is kind of good and kind of bad. It was around $20 at CompUSA. I'm sure there are better ones and WILL be better ones. Just needed something to get me by until new ones are out.

OziMac

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2003
Due to the placement of the wheel, the 1g and 2g cases (subject to thickness) seem to work really well. I picked up an STM iPod Armour which has a perfectly placed gap for the new Clickwheel. Something to use in the interim for protection before 4g cases arrive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.