Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fritter

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2004
Well, since it looks like the PB's won't be getting a speed bump at Paris, I think I might just bite the bullet and get a 12" now. My only question is, will the video card in it be able to sufficiently drive a 1600x1200 external monitor? Actually, does anyone have links to any kind of reviews/info on the card the 12" uses? It's sort of the one sticking point with me right now. :)

C-Mezak

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
Edinburgh, Scotland
fritter said:
Well, since it looks like the PB's won't be getting a speed bump at Paris, I think I might just bite the bullet and get a 12" now. My only question is, will the video card in it be able to sufficiently drive a 1600x1200 external monitor? Actually, does anyone have links to any kind of reviews/info on the card the 12" uses? It's sort of the one sticking point with me right now. :)

Ive got my 12" pb connected to a 19" CRT and the display options will allow it to be set as high as 1792 x 1344 !! Go for the 12". its awesome!

iBert

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
It's no problem

Hey, I have 12" PB i got around xmas. And I use a 19" external monitor at home and a 20" or 21" at work. The PB will handle the monitors capacity, even individually. I go to work plug it in, no need for setup use 1600x1200. then I go home plug it in and again no need for setup use 1280x1024 (whatever the number here, but close enough).

Something so awesome it can't be left out. If you have 2 external monitors liek I'm doing. You'll be able to have different backgrounds on each monitor and the PB will remember which is who. It's so freaking awesome.

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
Well, it's not quite what you're looking for. But my second monitor is an 8yr old, 15" operating at 1024x768. It works just fine for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.