Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Oct 26, 2009, 03:34 PM   #1
Nomadski
macrumors regular

Airport Extreme issues on Windows 7

Ive just bought Windows 7 primarily because I couldnt ever find my Photosmart c6280 printer in Vista, but Windows 7 wont even find my airport extreme router!

Ive downloaded the latest Airport Utility 5.4.2 but it just comes up with Utility being unable to find any Apple Wireless Device. I notice the Utility was last updated in June so dunno if that has something to do with it.

I know this is a Mac forum, but ive posted in various forums with no reply, and I have a feeling it is a Apple software issue, but I know I could be wide of the mark.

My PC is online fine, and W7 sees the printer when I click on the network map, just wont find it, or the apple device, when searching for devices / using Airport utility.

Anyone have any ideas what to check, its a brand new install of W7 Pro on a clean HD.

Thanks in advance
Nomadski is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2010, 05:18 AM   #2
chandru29v
macrumors newbie

Response

Try downloading AirPort Utility 5.5.1 for Windows from http://support.apple.com/kb/dl954
chandru29v is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2010, 05:30 PM   #3
kevgrieca
macrumors newbie

airport utility 5.5.1

I have a laptop with windows xp and two desktops (one with xp and one with windows 7). If i install airport utility 5.5.1 on my xp desktop, will my windows 7 computer and windows xp computers both work with my airport extreme?

Thanks for your help.
kevgrieca is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2010, 01:38 AM   #4
plaintiger
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevgrieca View Post
I have a laptop with windows xp and two desktops (one with xp and one with windows 7). If i install airport utility 5.5.1 on my xp desktop, will my windows 7 computer and windows xp computers both work with my airport extreme?

Thanks for your help.
in case you still need an answer to this (i hope you don't, but one never knows), the version of Airport Utility you have installed - or, for that matter, whether you have it installed at all - won't affect your ability to connect one way or another. your ability to connect relies on your network adapter(s) and their drivers; all Airport Utility does is allow you to change your Airport base stations' settings from your computer.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals