Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Oct 27, 2009, 03:16 AM   #1
andybno1
macrumors 68040

iPhone stuck in reboot loop after reset settings

ok so my iPhone was playing up this morning it would not sign me out of the app store so I thought ok I'll reset all settings see if that helps..... now I'm sat facing an iPhone which turns on (get apple logo) then a blank screen for a few mins then reboots and just repeats this cycle.

I would just restore and start again but I'm in work so cant really download redsn0w to jailbreak back to a clean 3.0.1 and I'm on Orange so cant even unlock the phone as I don't have an O2 sim to hand nor have an open wifi connection.

anyone with any ideas?

EDIT: I can still access iPhone via iFunbox when it boots to blackscreen but not via winscp through iphone tunnel suite...... dunno if that helps anything

Last edited by andybno1; Oct 27, 2009 at 03:28 AM.
andybno1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 04:57 AM   #2
nofear7365
macrumors newbie

This exact thing happened to me today got the phone rebooted once in safe mode no luck with reset. Had to upgrade from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 and jailbroke with blackrain all went well you can google how to get your tethering back all is working well

problem was exactly the same where it started was when the battery charging icon disappeared did the reset all settings and it collapsed
Hope this helps
nofear7365 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 05:32 AM   #3
andybno1
macrumors 68040

I stay away from 3.1 and 3.1.2 cause of the conflict with the baseband being earlier version than it expected means its giving no carrier, which also means the phone doesn't store the cellular data details which is why I stay with 3.0.1
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:01 AM   #4
dhlizard
macrumors G3

When will people learn to quit deleting necessary items from their phones

At least google first to see the effects of what you are going to do.

Look for me here Jailbreak/Unlock Chart
dhlizard is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 08:52 AM   #5
andybno1
macrumors 68040

I'm sorry did I say I deleted anything? I don't think I did, however I did say I reset all settings that is not deleting anything
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:02 AM   #6
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybno1 View Post
I'm sorry did I say I deleted anything? I don't think I did, however I did say I reset all settings that is not deleting anything
Semantics sir,

You altered (actually deleted) necessary data in your phone causing it to be unable to boot.

Whether they are called settings, files, folders, commands, etc, the effect is the same.

However, I do wish you good luck in getting it sorted out !

Last edited by dhlizard; Oct 27, 2009 at 09:31 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:30 AM   #7
Tokiopop
macrumors 68000

Send a message via MSN to Tokiopop Send a message via Skype™ to Tokiopop
Force it off by holding Home and power until it goes off (around 10 seconds). Connect to your computer, and it should reboot normally.

If it doesn't, your only option is a restore I'm afraid.

I'm afraid your sarcasm detectors are broken, good sir.
Tokiopop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 09:48 AM   #8
bytethese
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybno1 View Post
ok so my iPhone was playing up this morning it would not sign me out of the app store so I thought ok I'll reset all settings see if that helps..... now I'm sat facing an iPhone which turns on (get apple logo) then a blank screen for a few mins then reboots and just repeats this cycle.

I would just restore and start again but I'm in work so cant really download redsn0w to jailbreak back to a clean 3.0.1 and I'm on Orange so cant even unlock the phone as I don't have an O2 sim to hand nor have an open wifi connection.

anyone with any ideas?

EDIT: I can still access iPhone via iFunbox when it boots to blackscreen but not via winscp through iphone tunnel suite...... dunno if that helps anything
When you say "reset all settings" did you select the "Erase All Content and Settings" option? if so, that's your issue. You erased all your content, including the iPhoneOS. You'd need to restore.

Hopefully this is not a 3GS because you would need to have your ECID on file to restore to an older baseband-unlockable firmware such as 3.0 or 3.0.1. If you have a 2G or 3G, you should be able to create a custom ipsw with Pwnage Tool and be able to keep the unlock.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:39 AM   #9
andybno1
macrumors 68040

na was a 3G and I selected reset all settings (the top option)

ah well since I was getting nowhere with google I maneged to find a work safe download of redsn0w and back up and running just need to get home and sync everything back up
Old Oct 27, 2009, 11:50 AM   #10
bruinsrme
macrumors 68040

EVery time (4 that is) I have Reset all settings while jailbroken I have had to restore.
bruinsrme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2009, 03:07 PM   #11
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsrme View Post
EVery time (4 that is) I have Reset all settings while jailbroken I have had to restore.
And the reason you did it 3 more times after the first learning lesson....

Old Mar 15, 2010, 12:38 PM   #12
ramsecoline
macrumors newbie

Same here, this is the 4th time i have to restore 3.1.2 firmware, i have a jailbroken iphone 3gs with blackra1n and whenever i Restore all Settings the iphone reboots constantly and canīt get it back.
ramsecoline is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2010, 02:29 PM   #13
dhlizard
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsecoline View Post
Same here, this is the 4th time i have to restore 3.1.2 firmware, i have a jailbroken iphone 3gs with blackra1n and whenever i Restore all Settings the iphone reboots constantly and canīt get it back.
Then stop doing it ! One time should be enough to learn it's a no-no.

Old Jul 22, 2010, 06:44 AM   #14
guy.james
macrumors newbie

Thumbs up SOLVED: IPhone stuck in reboot loop after resetting 'Network settings'

If u 'reset network settings' and now ur jailbroken iphone is in reboot loop............That i phone starts showing apple logo be there for 2 mins and 25 sec again restart and on and on.......

To solve this problem u need to check if u have old bootroom or new bootrom.... U will be lucky if ur bootrom is old means iboot 359.3 ............ Sorry no luck for new bootrom users that is iboot 359.3.2

if u have old bootrom 359.3 u need to download custom firmware(CFW) ..... because these days apple has stop signing old firmwares.... so if u try to restore with original 3.1.2 firmware it will verify through apple server and gives u error.........so download custom firmwares they dont need any signing.......

to download 3.1.2 custom firmware :

search Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 Custom Firmware (IPSW Files) for iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G from iphoneheat.com
////bcoz this form is not allowing me to post links

when u download all parts of firmware that is 001,002,003 etc
u need to join all these files...... right click on 001 file and select 7 zip and select extract here .................... it will automatically extracts all files and produce a end file...................... for example if it is custom firmware activated file for 3gs then the size of file is 307 mb approx .............

u can download and restore ur iphone in recovery mode.........
U need to switch off ur iphone and press home button while holding home button connect iphone to itunes ..... dont release home button until u see itunes and usb logo on ur iphone............. now ur phone is in recovery mode.......u need to press shift while pressing restore button............. a new window will appear and u need to click custom firmware which u have already downloaded

Thats all and this is how u can solve this problem
If this information helps u plz leave comments
guy.james is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:12 AM   #15
CJayC
Banned

I can see what your sig says but is this happening with the iPhone 4 or one of your older iPhones?
CJayC is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks