AIrport express error -4 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Jul 22, 2004, 07:43 PM   #1
genepope
macrumors newbie

AIrport express error -4

Got my airport express. Try to login in with password "public" and all I get is error -4. Tried soft and hard resets, shuttgin off airport extreme, from Mac or PC, still the same. What's up?
thanks,
gene
genepope is offline   0
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:09 PM   #2
Alfie
macrumors member

Just got my Airport Express today and I had the same error message. After trying several ideas, I finally got the AE to accept changes by plugging my laptop directly into my network. In other words, I plugged my ibook into my switch directly and then ran through the set up. After saving my configuration, I disconnected the ethernet cable and everything has been fine since. I don't know why I needed to be "wired" to do the initial config, but, hey, at least it worked.

Alfie
Alfie is offline   0
Old Jul 31, 2004, 12:15 AM   #3
PHARAOHk
macrumors regular

Did you read the manual or use the setup assistant?
PHARAOHk is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers