Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnHenry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
iTunes has been crashing for months when playing CDs (but it's fine for DVDs and the audio files on iTunes). ppc G5 iMac, 10.5.8. Twice on inserting a CD, again when the CD concludes, and often during playing, or when I try to adjust volume. It did this with a LaCie external drive and now that I've installed a new replacement Toshiba internal superdrive it still does exactly the same thing. After reading about the many bugs with v9.0.1 I obtained v8.0.2, deleted everything to do with iTunes and reinstalled the older version. However, the crashes continue unabated. Have run Disk Warrior, Tech Tools Pro5, reset the hardware pulling the AC plug etc., run Permissions over and over, thrown out prefs files, etc. No improvement. AppleCare on iMac is expired and no other forum has helped. Any ideas out there??
Couldn't find another ap just to play CDs or I would use it! QuickTime doesn't work.

koen

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2003
In another thread I read it could be related to a corrupted sound prefs file. Try deleting that, restart, and try again. YMMV.

If it doesn't work, do you have a crashlog to share?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.