Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M. Malone

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 11, 2004
Hello,

Whenever my battery gets drained, my MacBook Pro turns off as if the battery was pulled out, I lose all my work when this happens.

This started after I installed Snow Leopard, before, it would just go to sleep and my work is safe.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

nkawtg72

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
Hello,

Whenever my battery gets drained, my MacBook Pro turns off as if the battery was pulled out, I lose all my work when this happens.

This started after I installed Snow Leopard, before, it would just go to sleep and my work is safe.

Why is this happening?

Thanks.

my MacBook i just bought is doing the same. any word on whether this is related to SL?

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
If anyone has any ideas on this topic, I'd be interested to know also.

I"m pretty sure this has only started occurring for me since snow leopard, before that it would go to sleep and restore everything once the power cord was plugged back in

j_maddison

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2003
Nelson, Wales
Looks like someone had the same problem in this thread. The solution was a new battery.

I'll have a read of that now, thank you. I did try looking around on the a few forums, including apples, for the solution and only managed to find this thread.

I wonder if Apple will cover the battery under Applecare?? I know it's not usually covered, but I've only got 199 cycles on it, and before I started running it up and down over the past few days it was only on about 180. Aren't you supposed to get 500 or something out of the battery before you can expect it to die

Thanks again, just going to have a nose at that thread now

Jay

radmin

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2010
Cupertino
Ditto

My (very new) MBP does this too :(

It is the cheapest 13" MBP, but with the 128G SSD. By the way, the battery life is awesome :)

I believe the problem is OS software, not hardware - I doubt replacing the battery will help, but I'd be very happy to be proved wrong!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.