Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Oct 31, 2009, 01:54 AM   #1
Storm9
macrumors member

How to make magic mouse auto connect?

If i turn off the mouse and on again, it wont auto connect to my MBP. I have the latest update.

Other than that love the mouse!
Storm9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 03:07 AM   #2
trungthiendo
macrumors regular

u gotta click the mouse then it'll connect, other wise i don't think it will auto connect
trungthiendo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2009, 03:48 AM   #3
gr8tfly
macrumors 603

I was having the same problem with mine. So, after playing around a bit with un-pairing, and re-pairing, etc., I think I stumbled on a solution:

Try turning off Bluetooth on your Mac, then back on. After I did this, I was able to cycle the Magic Mouse's power and then re-connect as expected with a click.
Old Jul 10, 2010, 12:59 AM   #4
intel
macrumors regular

Here's a harder question for you.
Say you switched the magic mouse off while logged in, then when you go to switch it back on you had the click squeezed while gripping the mouse to get to the tiny button.
Now what? Mouse un pairs, goes into discovery mode and won't reconnect even when u switch it off and back on. You have no other mouse only keyboard. I can get into settings with keyboard. I can navigate to Bluetooth devices by typing into search and using tab but how do I navigate to the little plus (+) to re pair my mouse?
Old Jul 10, 2010, 09:20 AM   #5
amaccer
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel View Post
Say you switched the magic mouse off while logged in, then when you go to switch it back on you had the click squeezed while gripping the mouse to get to the tiny button.
Now what? Mouse un pairs, goes into discovery mode and won't reconnect even when u switch it off and back on. You have no other mouse only keyboard. I can get into settings with keyboard. I can navigate to Bluetooth devices by typing into search and using tab but how do I navigate to the little plus (+) to re pair my mouse?
When first switched on the mouse displays its battery status, so clicking won't initiate the connection. This gives you more than enough time to release your grip and stop clicking. After a few seconds, the mouse enters discovery mode (the little light on the back begins to blink) at which point you can click and the mouse should connect to the computer. Even if you're still gripping the mouse, letting go and clicking once more will enable the connection to be re-established.
amaccer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 05:25 PM   #6
vjf999
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by intel View Post

I have the exact same problem. What was your solution in the end? I'm new to mac. 2nd day and this happens. Please help.
vjf999 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2014, 09:30 PM   #7
hellotracy
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjf999 View Post
I have the exact same problem. What was your solution in the end? I'm new to mac. 2nd day and this happens. Please help.
Just hit the down arrow once you get to the settings icon. once connect is highlighted, hit return and you're all set.
hellotracy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals