Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rag4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2009
hello, i have make 3 applications in xcode, i bought the 99$ certification but i have problems to test my applications in iphone3g (it is unlocked)without a sim.
Will I be able to test my Apps on my REAL iPhone (Legally)? (i.e.: without modifying any Info.plist file, I just want to be a LEGAL iPhone Dev and testing on an Unlocked iPhone 3g) (if yes how?)
Can i release them to Apple's App Store? (Even if the phone is unlocked and jailbroken)?

thanks in advance

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
It would depend on the unlocking. If you had to jailbreak to do the unlock, I really doubt that you are going to be able to properly test an iPhone app. You can still develop and sell your apps though - having an iPhone is not required - you just need to be a paid developer.

Hacking your iPhone doesn’t make it a dependable testing platform though. It would be better to legally obtain an unlocked phone from one of the countries that offer them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.