Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Nov 1, 2009, 03:08 PM   #1
mraheel
macrumors regular

tappable text like in Mail.app

i was trying out to do something like making a particular Word in a label to dynamically highlight and become tappable.

Like once you type the email address in Mail.app. It is then covered in lightblue and upon tap, open up contacts.

If a UILabel has text @"Oh man, these apples are yellow";
At runtime, i want the "apples" to become kinda highlighted.. and become tappable.. kinda like how we have our html tags but having nothing to do with the internet.

Maybe if i find a way to detect apples and then make it tappable with highlighted text etc. using tags like @"Oh man, these $apples$ are yellow";

Things within $ will be selected and shown..

Im confused how to go about it though..
mraheel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2009, 09:05 PM   #2
PhoneyDeveloper
macrumors 68030

Look at the souce for three20. They have labels that can include tappable links. You can either use it as is or adapt the code for your purposes.
PhoneyDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 02:22 AM   #3
mraheel
macrumors regular

thanks man, i'll check it out, im looking at it..
mraheel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming