Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reese.reimers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Hello,

As I do not have any AT&T service and I am stuck on "The Big Red" I am more than likely going to make the jump to the Android bandwagon. So, in preparation I am attempting to set up my Address Book to sync with my Google Contacts and I am not having any luck. I am running Snow Leopard with full updates. I go into the Address Book preferences and check "Synchronize With Google" and enter in my information. And...nothing happens. I found a thread saying you can force sync by clicking on the sync arrows at the top of the screen and going to sync now. This managed to sync about half of my contacts on the first try. I then tried a second time and it synced another quarter of my contacts, leaving about 30 to go. For the contacts it did sync, this system worked perfectly. What am I doing wrong? I have been trying to figure this out for the better part of the day so I figured I would check the good ol' forums...

Thanks!

reese.reimers

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
For those who care...I got it working. I have no clue how but I restarted, deleted contacts, restarted, added contacts, restarted...so-on and so-forth and magically everything works. So I guess my solution is keep trying until it somehow works....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.