Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bliks

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
As the topic says. Apple is sending me a new 2.8Ghz MBP to replace the one I am currently on. I wont bore you with stories because I'm sure lots of people don't care, aha.

Anyways, two things really;

1) They are sending me a new unit, does this mean it will come in the normal retail packaging or do they strip the laptop of everything but the laptop?

and

2) When I send my laptop back what do they expect me to send back? If they just want the computer I wouldn't mind a free charger considering how much they are.

Thanks,

Cory

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
1. They will give you a brand new laptop with the original retail packaging.
2. No, just keep your charger. You only need to return the laptop to Apple, not everything else. In this case, you get an extra charger.

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
This once happened to me and all I gave them was only the laptop. I kept the charger, box, and everything else and the Genius said "it's all good, enjoy your new computer". That's all that happened.

bliks

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
1. They will give you a brand new laptop with the original retail packaging.
2. No, just keep your charger. You only need to return the laptop to Apple, not everything else. In this case, you get an extra charger.

Alright, perfect thank you!

Looks like I get to have a charger thats always in my laptop bag now!

I didn't think they would want it back, but I just figured I would ask.

jpma

macrumors 6502
May 31, 2009
I would return everything if I were you.

since it's a replacement they will be sending you a whole new packaging.
I would definitely return my whole packaging with everything inside too.
1 to 1 fair and square.

Apple having such good and generous service, shouldn't we do the same too?

hamis92

macrumors 6502
Apr 4, 2007
Finland
When I returned mine about a year ago, I returned everything (well I kept the stickers though :p). They didn't specifically ask me to do that, but I thought it's a common practice.

cfitz7111

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2008
I am a big believer in karma, send the charger back. If you can afford a MBP chances are you can afford an extra charger.

Apple is trying to do the right thing for you, you should do the same.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.