Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
I just got a Magic Mouse. It works perfectly in OS X, but when I boot into Windows XP, it doesn't work at all. I read that the Bluetooth Update 1.0 is for the new iMacs only. But I read that others got the mouse working, just without the scrolling.

How do I get the mouse to work in XP? Thanks.

The mouse should defiantly work in XP! Now if it does not work there are some steps that you can follow to get it to work

1. Unpair the Mouse in Mac OS X
  2. Boot into Windows
  3. Pair the Mouse in Windows
  4. Enter no passcode or Passcode 0000 (maybe it is three 0s I cannot remember)
  5. Boot back into Mac and repair in Mac

Then you are finished and the mouse should work on both sides!

Hope this helps,
King Mook Mook

ameldrum1

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2008
i was having trouble with this also, but got it working without too much fuss...

Boot Camp 2.1/Win XP

go to control panel/bluetooth

add device, turn magic mouse on, xp will find it

select the new device then click properties, then select services

there should be an unchecked box titled "Drivers for... etc (HID)"

tick this box, hit ok - this seems to be the key to getting it working

pair the device (doesn't seem to need a passkey, otherwise just use 0000)

mine is connected without a passkey though... working as a regular 2 button mouse, no scrolling. interestingly the pointer speed is WAY faster than in OS X

have fun!

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Yeah, my biggest issue was that I didn't have any other mouse to use :eek:

But I just bought a wired mouse, so no worries - thanks for the instructions! :D

OVZ

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2010
I am not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Following the Discover Bluetooth Device dialog, XP (pro, SP 2, 32-bit, under Bootcamp) finds the mouse.
I have 4 options about passkeys, and have tried no passkey and entering 0000.
So far so good, but under Services in both cases, the tick in Drivers for... leads to a popup Access Denied.
The cursor has never twitched under XP.
Needless to say it's flawless under Snow Leopard.

Could someone who has done this all successfully please run through the full instructions in detail, as I am sure that I must have missed out a step somewhere.

I have found a supposed driver to enable scrolling in XP, but haven't touched that yet.

Soelen

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2010
I have another weird problem under XP, seems like I'm the only one with that D:

My magic mouse is just working for maybe 60 seconds, after that I have to wait ca. 60 seconds again until it's working again, I have no idea what's the problem with my mouse or the bluetooth stick D: Any Suggestions?

Exolhar

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Magic Mouse & WinXP under Boot Camp (Snow Leopard)

The mouse should defiantly work in XP! Now if it does not work there are some steps that you can follow to get it to work

1. Unpair the Mouse in Mac OS X
  2. Boot into Windows
  3. Pair the Mouse in Windows
  4. Enter no passcode or Passcode 0000 (maybe it is three 0s I cannot remember)
  5. Boot back into Mac and repair in Mac

Then you are finished and the mouse should work on both sides!

Hope this helps,
King Mook Mook

Once I have added my Magic Mouse in Bluetooth I can use it without any problems (all functions). However, every time I reboot, I must repeat the process. When you say "pair" and "unpair", do you mean "uninstall" and "install"? I wish to buy myself an Apple Wireless Keyboard. But I won't if I can't solve this problem. Thank you for all the help you can give me!

DonCarlos

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2009
Las Vegas
I did find a solution that worked for me (perhaps it will help someone else). Follow this step by step, while you are in Windows. This also works whether it is a Magic or Mighty mouse and whether it's for W7 or XP.

1) Switch off the device you want to pair
2) Select "add a device" in the Bluetooth menu
3) Switch on the device (after few second it should get detected by windows)
4) Now, right click on the device and select properties. You should now get a window with the different services.
5) select the HID drivers for keyboard and mice and click OK (this is the important part)
6a) In windows 7 it should setup mouse and keyboard without any additional input.

I found that cure posted by S_ Eye at http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2057008&start=0&tstart=0

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.