Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimbo23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
first of all WTF.

Okay i just got the new 8gb ipod touch and im trying to connect to my wifi that ive had no problems connecting to with my psp and laptop, but everytime i try to go to google or use the internet i get "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding error." Its weird because just 20 minutes ago i was connected to my friends wifi at his house no prob but that was with a password. my wireless router does not have a password, does that affect it?

and the router is a linksys.

any help would be great.
Thank you.

edit: also as i said its brand new and i DID also format it. still nothing.
It does connect to it in settings > wifi but it wont get on the internet..

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Do you have wifi connected? Go to settings and see if wifi is connected to your network. Next would be to see what the signal strength looks like. that's the pie looking shape thingy in the left hand corner.
If it's only 1 "bar" then that's the issue. Your wifi needs to be connected and rather strong for safari to open any page.

jimbo23

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
Thank you jessica. Yes i have connected it to my linksys router and Im getting 3 of those pie shape bars things your talking about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.