Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Nov 2, 2009, 09:04 PM   #1
jaybar
macrumors regular

Best way to backup Parallels Virtual Machine?

Hi

There is an option in Parallels 4.0 to use Time Machine to backup VM. Is this the best way? I have a 1 TB USB drive that is solely for Time Machine, so within reason, space is not an issue.

What is the best approach?

Thanks

jay
jaybar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2009, 11:00 PM   #2
ayeying
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to ayeying
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybar View Post
Hi

There is an option in Parallels 4.0 to use Time Machine to backup VM. Is this the best way? I have a 1 TB USB drive that is solely for Time Machine, so within reason, space is not an issue.

What is the best approach?

Thanks

jay
I remember in Parallels, it asks you if you DON'T want to back up via Time Machine. Furthermore, time machine, would copy over the entire VM every hour it backs up, sometimes it can be very time and space consuming. You can try something like me, where I manually copy the entire VM over to the external hard drive every week, overwriting the old one with the new.
ayeying is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac