Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

papersushi

macrumors regular
Nov 14, 2003
Microsoft bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse does not work with Mac OS X. They are or Windows only and you have to use its own Bluetooth adapter, its not compatible with 3rd party bluetooth adapter. I learned it the hard way. (Thought all bluetooth adapters are the same? Think again)

If you are looking for 3rd party bluetooth enabled keyboard or mouse, I would suggest Logitech, they are fully mac OS X compatible and you don't have to use their own Bluetooth adapter if your PowerBook already got built-in bluetooth.

Good luck and have fun!

JRam

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2004
Santa Cruz
Hello,

Currently I'm using the Microsoft bluetooth mouse and I'd have to say that actually it is compatible as is without any adapter, just using the built in bluetooth for the powerbook. When I got my mouse I just turned on bluetooth for my book and the mouse just took care of the rest. Id have to say that Im very happy with the mouse so far, fits comfortably and have th buttons mapped to expose. I havent tried mapping them to do other functions yet so not sure how that well that goes.Papersushi, when you said that the mouse/keyboard didnt work for you, where you saying that it just didnt work out flat out or that you just couldnt map some of the buttons to specific things? The mouse is working fine with the powerbooks built in bluetooth, no extra adapter needed for me.

JRam

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.