Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Hello, i have read in the forum that blackra1n jailbreaks the phone but doesnt hacktivate it. Can someone pls tell me the difference between jailbreak and hacktivate? Thank you.

jayhawk11

macrumors 6502a
Oct 19, 2007
Hello, i have read in the forum that blackra1n jailbreaks the phone but doesnt hacktivate it. Can someone pls tell me the difference between jailbreak and hacktivate? Thank you.

Jailbreak lets you put essentially whatever you want on your phone....eg-unauthorized applications or features Apple doesn't think you should have, themes for your iPhone.

Hacktivation enables your iPhone to wake up and get going on another network without using an AT&T sim first. In other words, you don't have to deal with AT&T at all to get a functioning iPhone.

lakshi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 7, 2008
Jailbreak lets you put essentially whatever you want on your phone....eg-unauthorized applications or features Apple doesn't think you should have, themes for your iPhone.

Hacktivation enables your iPhone to wake up and get going on another network without using an AT&T sim first. In other words, you don't have to deal with AT&T at all to get a functioning iPhone.

Well then what is the difference between hacktivation and unlock?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.