Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Nov 4, 2009, 09:15 AM   #1
Cycotravlr
macrumors newbie

Positioning Text on screen

I have an iMac 4,1 and use iMovie HD 6.0.3. I would like to create a Football Highlight Film for my son. I have found that the editing is easy. What is not easy is locating an arrow above a specific player for identification during future viewing. Can someone tell me how I can position an arrow, or any text, at the position of my choice on the editor screen?

Thank you, PB.
Cycotravlr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2009, 10:00 AM   #2
huntercr
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cycotravlr View Post
I have an iMac 4,1 and use iMovie HD 6.0.3. I would like to create a Football Highlight Film for my son. I have found that the editing is easy. What is not easy is locating an arrow above a specific player for identification during future viewing. Can someone tell me how I can position an arrow, or any text, at the position of my choice on the editor screen?

Thank you, PB.

No good way in iMovie HD to do what you want. You could possibly use the "balloon" titles for iMovie for this... they are movable to any location, just drag them around on the screen.

There is no general purpose "text" title that is movable in iMovie for some reason. Maybe there is in iMovie 09

You might want to look for 3rd part plugins. Back when iMovie HD was current, there were lots of plugins.

Hope this helps.
huntercr is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video