Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMane

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Orlando, Fl
i have a iphone 3g running 3.0, 4.26.08 baseband. can someone tell me straight forward how to update my device with a custom firmware so i can preserve my baseband please...i am unlocked and using tmobile also...

MacMane

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Orlando, Fl
since i still have 4.26.08 bb, if im reading the dev team blog correct, all i have to do is download a custom 3.1.2 FW and shift + restore in itunes and im JB and unlocked running 3.1.2?

MacMane

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Orlando, Fl
ok i updated and installed ultrasn0w and so far everything is working except theres no tmobile logo in the top left corner, but service is working...any suggestions?

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
except theres no tmobile in the top left corner
It's a known (and only cosmetic) issue :

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/188779017/3-o-fun
Update 2: Unlocked users on the 3G will probably notice that the name and/or logo of their carrier is missing, but they still have full bars and a signal. So far this seems to be purely a cosmetic issue and it doesn’t impact your signal or coverage. We hope to have this issue “fixed” when we release the 3GS compatible version of PwnageTool. This is very likely tied to Update #3…

Update 3: As of 3.1, the *.ipcc carrier bundles are signed, and you can no longer force tethering capability simply by crafting your own bundle. The good news is this obstacle can probably be overcome by virtue of the jailbreak. But so far that extra hack is not part of the PwnageTool custom IPSW creation.

marvel2

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2007
since i still have 4.26.08 bb, if im reading the dev team blog correct, all i have to do is download a custom 3.1.2 FW and shift + restore in itunes and im JB and unlocked running 3.1.2?

Where do you get the custom 3.1.2 FW from to update?

I'm in the same boat, but I'm not unlocked.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.