Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hzxu

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
I am a student living in a student apartment, there is a LAN(not sure), but anyway if I want to use internet, I have to open a local site(or I'll be directed to the site), where I can fill in my username and password to login, after clicking the submit button, a small window pops out(in both firefox and safari, it is blocked, I have to manually unblock it, this is no problem), the small window shows my current and total quota, at the bottom there is a link "Logout Now", which lets me logout, so next time I can re-login.

The problem is, in Safari, if I click "Logout Now", it shows a message box with "You've logged out...", this is the same for firefox, however, in Safari, it does not really log me out, when I open Safari after "Logout Now", I can still access websites, but in Firefox it does log me out. I have to log out to let other laptops use internet.

What can I do? I prefer Safari than Firefox because Firefox is slower, however, every time I have to use firefox to login and keep that small window open, then use Safari for web browsing, this is annoying.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
It's quite possible it's an issue on the web site side that doesn't work well with Safari. Contact the web admin for the site to consult with them as to what may be the issue. Be sure to provide them with your Safari version number.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.