Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Mar 24, 2010, 12:23 AM   #101
A320
macrumors newbie

Ya same here! No issues since I did this yesterday.

Hope this helps others too.
A320 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 07:11 AM   #102
Berg82
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by A320 View Post
Ya same here! No issues since I did this yesterday.

Hope this helps others too.
My Phone works Ok until I use the data Connection and then make or try to recieve a call.

Can You please try to reproduce the problem?

You can try to reproduce the problem with a Bandwith test app (Bredbandskollen). Run a bandwidth test a couple of times. Try to make a call to the phone during the test. Also try to quit the app and make a call. This almost always ends up in a call failure and the phone looses the service.
Berg82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2010, 09:24 AM   #103
A320
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg82 View Post
My Phone works Ok until I use the data Connection and then make or try to recieve a call.

Can You please try to reproduce the problem?

You can try to reproduce the problem with a Bandwith test app (Bredbandskollen). Run a bandwidth test a couple of times. Try to make a call to the phone during the test. Also try to quit the app and make a call. This almost always ends up in a call failure and the phone looses the service.
Ok, so I downloaded 'Bredbandskollen' app (never even heard of it before!) ran it, made 3 phone calls to the iphone during the test, and left a voicemail during one of the calls. All 3 calls came through no problem, signal stayed at full bars and 3G the entire time, the download continued in the background, and my voicemail popped up right away!

I would call this great success! So again not sure about others but for me, the 'reset of the network settings' trick worked for me and I am in Winnipeg with Fido.

For reference, I had a cleanly restored iPhone to 3.1.2 then used 'Blackra1n' and 'Blacksn0w' (from within 'Blackra1n) to JB and unlock my phone.

Good luck.
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:42 AM   #104
Berg82
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Ok, so I downloaded 'Bredbandskollen' app (never even heard of it before!) ran it, made 3 phone calls to the iphone during the test, and left a voicemail during one of the calls. All 3 calls came through no problem, signal stayed at full bars and 3G the entire time, the download continued in the background, and my voicemail popped up right away!

I would call this great success! So again not sure about others but for me, the 'reset of the network settings' trick worked for me and I am in Winnipeg with Fido.

For reference, I had a cleanly restored iPhone to 3.1.2 then used 'Blackra1n' and 'Blacksn0w' (from within 'Blackra1n) to JB and unlock my phone.

Good luck.
Im happy that it works for you

Did you answer any of the 3 calls?
Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:50 AM   #105
A320
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg82 View Post
Im happy that it works for you

Did you answer any of the 3 calls?
Yes I did, but I just tried something else and got a drop now. I have the 'speedtest.net' app so I thought I would give that a try since it seems like it does the same thing as 'Bredbandskollen'.

During a bandwith test, I made a call, it came through no problem, bars stayed full and 3G but after a few rings when I 'declined' the call, and the phone returned to the speedtest.net app, my signal dropped completely for a few seconds and came back up, so in other words it happened again.

I tried the same scenario again a few times, and the remainder of the calls worked, both declining, answering, and also leaving a voicemail.

Old Mar 24, 2010, 10:58 AM   #106
Berg82
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Yes I did, but I just tried something else and got a drop now. I have the 'speedtest.net' app so I thought I would give that a try since it seems like it does the same thing as 'Bredbandskollen'.

During a bandwith test, I made a call, it came through no problem, bars stayed full and 3G but after a few rings when I 'declined' the call, and the phone returned to the speedtest.net app, my signal dropped completely for a few seconds and came back up, so in other words it happened again.

I tried the same scenario again a few times, and the remainder of the calls worked, both declining, answering, and also leaving a voicemail.

Bad!

Something is wrong with BlackSn0w. It conflicts with the Commcenter and screws things up. Everything works when you remove BlackSn0w.

I have also tried Blacksn0w RC2 on both 3.1.2 and 3.1.3. The problems consists.

I have tried to restore to Custom firmware 3.1.2, then Blackra1n and blacksn0w
Tried with powernage tool and redsnow and then install blacksn0w from Cydia. I always got the same problem.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 10:18 AM   #107
mackiethemacmac
macrumors newbie

My Experience with BlackSn0w and 3g

A lot of people are having this problem. It seems like there are a lot of false leads in the forum discussion across the major sites. Here is what I experienced:

I purchased a second hand 3g that was sold as "won't recognize a sim card".
I presumed this was a software bug and proceeded to re-install 3.1.2 then blackra1n+sn0w which led to the intermittent service/"no service" or "no-sim" problem. I tried many combinations of re-installs (pwnage tool, redsn0w etc) with similar results each time. Sometimes the cell modem would work for a little bit but eventually it would always fail. My baseband firmware is 5.11.7

I started to consider the possibility of a hardware problem. I continued to research online (_many_ hours) and finally found a suggestions to reflash the baseband firmware, suggesting it had been corrupted. This is an arduous process; you will need to understand ssh at the very least. Here is one link - other sites document the procedure more explicitly:
http://www.hackint0sh.org/f203/90394-2.htm#post455536

After this, the cell modem works fine, _however_ I lost the functionality with a sync to iTunes. I did the baseband reflash again and Now I'm to scared to plug it into the computer.

Curious if anyone has any input. Hope this helps someone!
mackiethemacmac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2010, 06:58 AM   #108
Berg82
macrumors newbie

Im investigating if the singnal drops have something to do with IPCC bundle. I have tried to update with the original IPCC with no result. Yesterday a played a little bit with the type-mask´s in the carrirer.plist file and I can say that it acts a little bit different now.

Im looking for someone with a working blacksn0w unlock who can send me their carrier.plist file? Someone please I realy appreciate your help.
Old May 26, 2010, 12:38 PM   #109
jwvelez
macrumors newbie

I've spent the last 4 days trying every possible way to correct this bug. I still get No Service or no bars.

I have restored / jailbroken / unlocked more than 20 times, every way possible.

Has anyone finally figured out how to fix this?

Please help me out!!

iPhone 3G / 3.1.2 / 05.07.11 BB
currently jailbroken with blackra1n, unlocked w/ blacksn0w
jwvelez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2010, 09:59 AM   #110
dday
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwvelez View Post
I've spent the last 4 days trying every possible way to correct this bug. I still get No Service or no bars.

I have restored / jailbroken / unlocked more than 20 times, every way possible.

Has anyone finally figured out how to fix this?

Please help me out!!

iPhone 3G / 3.1.2 / 05.07.11 BB
currently jailbroken with blackra1n, unlocked w/ blacksn0w
i have same problem what i didi notice that i do have full signal only if
the network has 3G signal, everything's fine no dropp,
i must have 3G activated in settings-> general ->network-> 3G ->ON
this after using restore 3.1.2 original firmware blackra1n and snow after
if i turn 3G off then my signal dropp at one line, even at none..same for diffrent carrier, same if the network hasn't good 3G signal it drops.
dday is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks