Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kenkamm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2008
Yes, I have done a search. Whether I searched well enough remains to be seen. :)

I have lockinfo installed, and I like it a lot. But I would still like to find an app that can do one simple task - provide repeating audible reminders for missed calls, voice mails, SMSs, etc. I don't want something with a lot of bells and whistles or something that will interfere with lockinfo. I just want something that will make the phone beep every 15 minutes, half hour, or maybe even just every hour if I missed a notification.

Does such an app exist?

doubletap

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Ashburn, VA
Yes, I have done a search. Whether I searched well enough remains to be seen. :)

I have lockinfo installed, and I like it a lot. But I would still like to find an app that can do one simple task - provide repeating audible reminders for missed calls, voice mails, SMSs, etc. I don't want something with a lot of bells and whistles or something that will interfere with lockinfo. I just want something that will make the phone beep every 15 minutes, half hour, or maybe even just every hour if I missed a notification.

Does such an app exist?

notifier has reminders and even has an app for them.

not sure about status notifier.

dt

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
Notifier (by spektro). Been using over 2 years.

Very configurable, can monitor multiple programs (even iCal).

If you want, you can change the sounds via SSH and/or the Talking Alerts theme for WinterBoard.

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
yes but its annoying when the alert for email is tuned off yet still decides to randomly vibrate and alert me of the new email !

grrrr does anyone elses do this?

Um...just maybe an idea to the problem....

The first notification is controlled by how you have your Settings notifications configured. Second (and/or repeating) alerts are how you have the 'notification app' configured. At least, this is how it works for me with Notifier.

HTH.

Cupra

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2009
London, UK
Um...just maybe an idea to the problem....

The first notification is controlled by how you have your Settings notifications configured. Second (and/or repeating) alerts are how you have the 'notification app' configured. At least, this is how it works for me with Notifier.

HTH.

Dont have an app, just settings in my settings menu for status notifier :)

m3coolpix

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2007
Dont have an app, just settings in my settings menu for status notifier :)

Don't know how Status notifier handles everything...it never worked for me back when I was trying out the two apps (in v1.x of the iPhone software).

Does it monitor (and follow) the status of the ring/silence switch? This will also be controlled by how the original Settings are for that option.

Notifier does follow the rules (and has an icon for) when the ring/silence switch is toggled. It's pretty 'multilayer' on the way that it is implemented.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.