Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XciteMe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 21, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Cuz that means the owners of last years model feel like their device is a fossil and the new one is all the rave and everyone WANTS IT! And the last years model is the ugly stepchild with freckles and red hair! It's SOO unfair cuz APple does this... I mean we pay $HUNDRED$$$ of dollars on the iPhones not including the voice and data plans...

IMHO Apple should only release a new iPhone every 3 years. And that way they don't divide us into camps. It's like right now 3G owners wish so badly they had the faster processor and more RAM of the 3GS, and the video recording and better camera and Voice Control... But nooooo, they can't. I feel bad cuz I have the 3GS and they just have 3G.

IMHO who agrees with me?

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Consumers don't give a damn about faster processors, you'll find these feelings of having to be on the cutting edge is something mostly found in the geek population.

CandyCane23049

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2009
Apple just doesn't do it. All the carriers other companies plus the carriers do it.
They hype a certain phone up for a certain amount a time, next thing you know 2 of the same phone is coming out.

Happen with me at VZW. I got the Storm in Feb. this year and 7-8 months later Storm 2 comes out. In the mean time I paid over $200 for my phone and in six months it dropped to $50. Also in addition they are touting the DROID phone.:mad:

Now I have a 3GS and I'm as happy as I can be. If they do come out with another iphone, I'll be content. Hopefully when my contract is up, something better will be available.

ikaka

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2009
Consumers don't give a damn about faster processors, you'll find these feelings of having to be on the cutting edge is something mostly found in the geek population.

Ohhh really? Show him a 3G against 3GS (not saying wich one is witch) I'm sure they'll pick the 3GS. It's so much more convenient to use!

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
Ohhh really? Show him a 3G against 3GS (not saying wich one is witch) I'm sure they'll pick the 3GS. It's so much more convenient to use!

There is a difference between getting to choose the old vs new, and already owning a fully functional older device.

blancoBronco

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2009
South Tampa
why should a company intentionally do something, or not do something, to make less money? they're a business, and the goal of a business is to make money. you sound a little childish because you don't realize that they're going to do whatever it takes to make the most money possible. it's basic economics, and you clearly have experienced them firsthand.

and if you understand economics and know how to make money, the cost of getting a new iPhone ($200?) won't be an issue.

AND if people are going to complain about what the latest iPhone doesn't have, Apple is going to try their best to make a new one with those feature as soon as possible

you just got learned

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Apple should release a new phone every three years? Mmmhmm... :rolleyes:

You feel bad because you have the 3GS and others don't? :rolleyes:

I feel bad (for us) for having to see this post; or like you being "forced" to buy something new, we are "forced" to post to tell you how ridiculous your logic is.

NT1440

macrumors G5
May 18, 2008
The OP made it sound like every consumer who bought a 3G was suddenly thinking to themselves "I wish I had the new faster processor, or the OpenGL 2.0 support!".

We nerds are the only ones that care about specs like that.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
What the hell? Is this kindergarten sports and we can't keep score because it'll make the kids who lose feel bad? Things change, technologies progress, and someone will always have something newer and better than you. Grow up.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Can't blame Apple or any other company for doing so. Blame the consumers who are quick to spend money on the latest upgraded device.

I've been guilty of that myself a couple of times. :D

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
If this phone was good enough for me, it will be good enough for all of you! Who needs all this "smart phone" nonsense!

NOK5190-2T.jpg

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Check my sig, there isn't anything there that isn't either outdated or last generation.

I'm happy with every single piece of it.

Cask

Jul 14, 2008
Well you say we only nerds care about, until something you want to do is not available on the older phone. Yesterday, I got a call for a friend who has kept their iPhone 2G for more than 2 years, and never really cared about the 3G or 3GS, while I upgraded both times. He was complaining for the first time about his iPhone, saying that it can run Asphalt 5, and it lags all the time, he is getting the 3GS to run games better. So, while only geeks like us care for the specs, the average customer will want an upgrade to the latest when something they want to use is broken or not available.

army91c

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009
If this phone was good enough for me, it will be good enough for all of you! Who needs all this "smart phone" nonsense!

NOK5190-2T.jpg

One of my first cells! It was totally awesome.... The wife and I both had one when I lived in Germany. To hell with my iPhone, I wish I was still rocking that bad boy!

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I seriously question why the OP is even asking this.

His latest threads:

Question about transferring my AT&T number, to Verizon, after I cancel
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/812400/

For what it's worth... Another former iPhone user who's gonna be a Droid adopter
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/811162/

My cousin is scared the Droid will become popular and take away from the iPhone
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/811741/

What do you guys think? Troll?

More living proof, that this poster is obvious troll.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
Wow, last time I checked Steve Jobs was not forcing me to buy the latest model. I have a 3G and something called restraint.
Considering what the others have said upthread, troll somewhere else.

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Reminds me of the guys over on the ATT forums who were angry that they couldn't get the iPhone 3G at a subsidized price. "Injustice!" "Monopoly!" "Anti-Trust!" they yelled.
"We the consumers are outraged that Apple brings out new models every YEAR and we, loyal, lucrative and devout iPhone users are being shafted in such a way! They know we iPhone users will want to buy the latest gadgetry; they subsidized our first (3G) iPhone, why can't they do it again!" (cheers and agreement in the background)

I still can't believe ATT bent over on that one. I was kinda impressed.

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007

NOK5190-2T.jpg

Classic!
I never had that one but a friend of mine did. Here in Europe everybody went crazy over the interchangeable covers... and of course Snake.

I never forget buying this nizzle piece of electronics:
140px-Nokia_3210_3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.