Connecting 15" powerbook to 15" macbook pro as a second screen - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:17 PM   #1
kyza
macrumors newbie

Connecting 15" powerbook to 15" macbook pro as a second screen

I've tried to connect my macbook pro and my powerbook with a dvi cable, when I tried to detect display from my new macbook pro nothing happen, does anyone know how should I connect my powerbook as a second display for my macbook pro? really appreciate if anyone can answer me
kyza is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:49 PM   #2
sstickygreen
macrumors member

That won't work the DVI port on your powerbook is out only not in. The only model that would work with is the new 27" imac that supports video in.
sstickygreen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:51 PM   #3
appleguy123
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyza View Post
I've tried to connect my macbook pro and my powerbook with a dvi cable, when I tried to detect display from my new macbook pro nothing happen, does anyone know how should I connect my powerbook as a second display for my macbook pro? really appreciate if anyone can answer me
This may work for you. http://www.screenrecycler.com/home.html

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs