Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greg400

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 13, 2009
I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for good mouse pads/anything similar to a mouse pads function. I would prefer something that fits well with the Magic Mouse and Alu Keyboard.

tdgrn

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Allsop makes a set of mouse pads, one being the Cupertino and the other being the Redmond... Seriously...
That being said, I have the Cupertino one, matches all my Apple swag, and was pretty cheap (think I got it under 20 bucks)

nawoo

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2008
Macpadd without a doubt. just a sheet of aluminum brushed and sitting pretty on your minimalist desktop with wireless keyboard and mouse.

Every other mousepad seems too much. Here it is on my desk.

Magic.jpg

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
The ceo wanted me to call him on his cell in Canada lol.. i said never mind i dont need to review your product..

iPhilPHX

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Ordered mine Sunday from OWC. Tracking info says it's been unloaded here in Phoenix. I should have it by the time I get home from work.

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
Wow that is crazy! I never knew about this. :eek:

I'm so glad this thread was made and that you responded with that link. I was on the fence for a Macpadd, but now Mr. Free can go to hell. I definitely won't be ordering now.

Glad I was able to pass along the info and, hopefully, help some people from losing some cash.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
For those recommending the MacPadd, aren't you bothered by the "noise"? It is really noisy! :eek:

bluebermuda

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2009
I read about the MacPadd and decided that the owner of the company was probably a creative genius with "problems" and that the company would probably be out of business soon which would make the MacPadd's very rare. ;)

Therefore, I decided to order from OWC since I knew that I would have recourse if there was a problem.

I must say, it is a beautiful mouse pad and the noise is minimal. I would you suggest that if you are interested in a MacPadd that you place an order with OWC before they run out of stock.

Mac Addict

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2008
Chicagoland
My magic mouse performs best with no mouse pad. The rails on the bottom of the mouse drags on most all mouse pads i've used, tho glides nicely right on the top of my desk.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
It's TOO slippery on my desk. Feels like I'm moving around a melting ice cube. But too much sliding friction on my mousepad. I need a surface between the two, but haven't found one yet.

iPhilPHX

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I've had the MacPadd for a week now. Frankly, I think I like it. At first I was a bit put off by the sound of the magic mouse moving on the pad, it's certainly "noisier", but now that I've had a chance to get used to it I find I don't notice it as much; I even find it somewhat pleasant now, somehow. I've used the mouse on the desk surface and that's only slightly less noisy. It does slide along the pad more than, say, a felt-type pad but it's not really distracting to me. Additionally, it does compliment the look of the iMac and keyboard nicely. Maybe the only thing I'd change is to have the larger 9"x9" size pad, vs the 6"x9" I got, but it's not a deal breaker. The pad is very stable on the desk due to the non-stick surface on the bottom, it doesn't budge at all.

Clearly this is subject to personal preference, but I'd recommend it if you want something a bit unique and don't mind paying a bit more than usual for your average mousepad from Fry's or Best Buy.

g00dbye

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2008
Raleigh/Boone, NC
Can anybody vouch for the Cupertino Mouse Pad. I really like the look of it but would be uninterested if its as noisy as the MacPadd. Can anybody vouch for this mouse pad and its "noise level"? Thanks!

pastrychef

macrumors 601
Sep 15, 2006
New York City, NY
Can anybody vouch for the Cupertino Mouse Pad. I really like the look of it but would be uninterested if its as noisy as the MacPadd. Can anybody vouch for this mouse pad and its "noise level"? Thanks!

I use the Cupertino Mouse Pad with my Magic Mouse and there's very, very little noise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.