Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Im trying to purchase the new live traffic updates for my legit purchased Navigon app and keep getting the following error message:
"This is not a Test User account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment"
Anyone knows a fix for this?
I heard it might have to do with the Appsync installation even though the app and inapp purchase is valid/legit.
Maybe an updated version of Appsync or mobilesubstrate?

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Im trying to purchase the new live traffic updates for my legit purchased Navigon app and keep getting the following error message:
"This is not a Test User account. Please create a new account in the Sandbox environment"
Anyone knows a fix for this?
I heard it might have to do with the Appsync installation even though the app and inapp purchase is valid/legit.
Maybe an updated version of Appsync or mobilesubstrate?

Nope. That's an error generated by Apple. Because you jailbroke your device.

Tapulous is not going to be able to help you. You're out of luck while you have a jailbroken phone.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
You have any more info or details that nothing can be done/fixed about the error message? Or you're just saying it without any clue on why, how, where what etc.....
Im looking for some users feedback that either had the same problem and possible fix for it.
Thanks.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Original poster
Apr 16, 2008
Thanks for the link.
I wonder if they'll come up with an easyer cydia update/fix for this situation since I guess it does it on all inapp purchases from any app.
I'll see if any of those suggestions work. It takes a long time to redownload navigon right on the iphone but worth a try I guess :)

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Thanks for your help in stating the obvious that Apple wont help:rolleyes:
Thats why Im in the hacks section and not on Apples official support site genious.....

Why get upset with the reply. It is what it is, the poster told you what you didn't know. No since to get snarky. :rolleyes:

Likely we are gonna see a whole lot more of this.

arod757

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
Odd. I just jail-broke my phone a few days ago, and I just installed live traffic on my phone. No problems. I don't have installous on my phone though. I guess that's the installer for pirated apps. If you have that installed, maybe that's causing the problem? Just letting you know that it is possible to do an in-app purchase with a jail-broken phone.

himni

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
I had this same problem and I found that if I uninstalled appsync and navigon then restart and reinstalled navigon that it was fixed I was able to buy the live traffic. Found the answer here.

padmar

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2009
But how

But how can i install navigon without having appsync installed on iphone. It won't sync via itunes now.
Hopefully i won't have to download it through the iphone........

Thanks

himni

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2009
But how can i install navigon without having appsync installed on iphone. It won't sync via itunes now.
Hopefully i won't have to download it through the iphone........

Thanks

Did you buy navigon or is it a cracked version? I bought it but since I have my phone themed a certain way and I use fivelrow I cannot have iTunes install a app I have deleted on my phone I have to redownload it on my phone. If I disabled the theme and fivelrow I could have iTunes sync any app that wasn't cracked back to my phone without appsync installed.

I would just redownload it on the iPhone it take a little while but works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.