Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Nov 10, 2009, 10:22 AM   #1
tmeehan
macrumors newbie

Conserving Power with core location

I am trying to work out a strategy for conserving power while using core location. I heard it recommended to use the distance filter and only get location updates when the device has moved further than a given distance. Sounds like a good idea but I have one question - how does the device know that it has traveled more than a given distance without getting location updates? I must be missing something - any clues would help out a lot. Thanks.

Seems to me if I stop getting location updates to save power, the device will not know where it is or how much it has moved.
tmeehan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search