Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Nov 10, 2009, 12:47 PM   #1
PizzaTray
macrumors newbie

How to run code just once every time i want in game loop?

I'm working on a game to the iphone with opengl es, and every time i have some other problem caused by the situation- that i can't run just one-time code in the game loop.

what should i do ?

EDIT:

I'll try to explain my problem here more deeply -

Example:
//
-init...
-game loop {

delta,
update,
render,

/* in the game loop ,as example, i want to run some method just one time, when, let's say, has a collision of explosion, Run the explosion-animation just once. */

}

Last edited by PizzaTray; Nov 10, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
PizzaTray is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:08 PM   #2
xsmasher
macrumors regular

Use an "if" statement to check for your condition, then inside the "if" so something that will prevent the "if" from being triggered the next time around. Something like this (pseudocode):

Code:
if ((ship touching laser) && !ship.dead{
     //trigger animation here
     [myAnimation trigger];

//prevent this if from being triggered next time
     ship.dead=true; 
}
Alternately, you could remove the laser inside the if, so that the laser doesn't exist to trigger the collision next time.

Makes sense?
xsmasher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 03:35 PM   #3
PizzaTray
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsmasher View Post
Use an "if" statement to check for your condition, then inside the "if" so something that will prevent the "if" from being triggered the next time around. Something like this (pseudocode):

Code:
if ((ship touching laser) && !ship.dead{
     //trigger animation here
     [myAnimation trigger];

//prevent this if from being triggered next time
     ship.dead=true; 
}
Alternately, you could remove the laser inside the if, so that the laser doesn't exist to trigger the collision next time.

Makes sense?
Thank u, it works great
PizzaTray is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming