Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
I doubt that this functionality is built into labels. You will probably need to subclass UILabel to make this work.

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
i was about to simply use a non-editable, non-scrollable text view, but i'm unable to change the font attributes of a text view using IB. certainly anything is possible with subclassing and code, but i find the challenge more inciting than the new functionality.

maybe apple will update UILabel to be optionally selectable/copyable for next time.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
i'm unable to change the font attributes of a text view using IB.

Yes you can. Select the textview and choose Fonts > Show Fonts and choose your font.

And you're right, this should give you what you want. In fact there's no way to turn off that edit menu even if the text view is non-editable.

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
Yes you can. Select the textview and choose Fonts > Show Fonts and choose your font.

And you're right, this should give you what you want. In fact there's no way to turn off that edit menu even if the text view is non-editable.

oh perfect. now the only thing missing is the ability to vertically center the text according to the size of the text view with scrolling disabled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.