Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Nov 10, 2009, 08:35 PM   #1
phadam
macrumors regular

Flash flip/rotate page transition?

I was browsing the web this past week and came across the miniusa site for the mini cooper cars. really liked the page transitions with the way it spins and has the side frame bars blur. Anyone use this or similar animation before? Curious if there are any tutorials on something like this or something to read up on to get an idea of what is going on in the script.

Thanks
phadam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2009, 11:09 PM   #2
lucidmedia
macrumors 6502a

Are you talking about the little popups that happen when you roll over the cars?

The effect is randomized, so you are looking at an animation done entirely through code... no timeline.

Flash player 10 supports simple 3d motion like in the example you showed... however I can't say whether that example was done just using as3 or if they also included the Papervision 3d library, which is far more powerful. Either way, a tweening library, like TweenLite was used as well.

Lee Brimlow has some examples of 3d motion in actionscript using both the built-in flash 3d engine and papervision. http://www.gotoandlearn.com/
lucidmedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:25 PM   #3
phadam
macrumors regular

I do like the little popups when you roll over the cars but I was trying to point on the the actual main frame img in the center. when going from page to page it will quickly rotate and have the sides blur.

thanks for the gottoandlearn link also. I hadn't come across that site yet
phadam is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 02:49 PM   #4
Dal123
macrumors 6502a

Thanks for that link, lovely site. I like when it loads nav bar splits from centre to fill screen. Brilliant .
Old Nov 11, 2009, 03:41 PM   #5
lucidmedia
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by phadam View Post
I do like the little popups when you roll over the cars but I was trying to point on the the actual main frame img in the center. when going from page to page it will quickly rotate and have the sides blur.

thanks for the gottoandlearn link also. I hadn't come across that site yet
yeah, thats the same effect as the menu cards. You can't get that kind of perspective shift with just skewing...

The motion blur you can do using a motion library and flash's built-in blur filter.
lucidmedia is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development