Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 11, 2009, 04:20 AM   #1
SpaceKitty
Banned

Can't Get Rid Of Two Unsent Emails

I tried sending two emails on my iPhone using my MobileMe account yesterday and they failed to send. Now I can't find them anywhere in my MobileMe account on the phone and yet every time it checks for email, it tells me there are two unsent messages.

I've tried deleting the account and then adding it again and the same two emails show as unsent and I still can't find them to delete them.

I've also logged into my MobileMe account online and can't find them either.

How can I get rid of these two unsent emails?

Thanks
SpaceKitty is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:06 AM   #2
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Can you find them and get to them with Spotlight search?

If so maybe you can then resend or delete them.
Moi un Mouton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 09:14 AM   #3
MacBoobsPro
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to MacBoobsPro
Turn off mail in settings > mail > account.

Then send an email to yourself on your iphone. It wont be able to send because its now switched off. This should create an outbox in mail where the unsent messages reside and from where you can delete them.

Remember to swicth mail back on when you have got rid of them.
MacBoobsPro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 11:09 AM   #4
SpaceKitty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBoobsPro View Post
Turn off mail in settings > mail > account.

Then send an email to yourself on your iphone. It wont be able to send because its now switched off. This should create an outbox in mail where the unsent messages reside and from where you can delete them.

Remember to swicth mail back on when you have got rid of them.
That won't work because when that account is turned off and I press the email button, it prompts me to setup an email account and doesn't give me the option to send an email.

With this account off, it still tried to send those emails and fails, I just got a popup saying to configure the outgoing smtp settings even with it turned off.

This started when MobileMe was down yesterday.
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:28 PM   #5
Moi un Mouton
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceKitty View Post
That won't work because when that account is turned off and I press the email button, it prompts me to setup an email account and doesn't give me the option to send an email.

With this account off, it still tried to send those emails and fails, I just got a popup saying to configure the outgoing smtp settings even with it turned off.

This started when MobileMe was down yesterday.
It seems a good idea though, rather than turn the account off, I tried this in airplane mode, and got the right result, which was it created the Outbox folder, so you could try that.
Moi un Mouton is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:35 PM   #6
SpaceKitty
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moi un Mouton View Post
It seems a good idea though, rather than turn the account off, I tried this in airplane mode, and got the right result, which was it created the Outbox folder, so you could try that.
Airplane mode worked and I was able to finally delete those two emails. Thanks!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting