Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 11, 2009, 01:24 PM   #1
MacHank
macrumors newbie

iMac G3 Graphite Loses Time -- I've Replaced Battery, Reset PRAM

I'm trying to resurrect a neglected iMac G3 Graphite (runs at 600MHz). It's still running OS X 9.2, which I plan to replace with OS X once I resolves the iMac's issues. Here's the main one:

Every time iMac is unplugged, it loses the date and time and sets it to 1/1/1901 at noon.

Obvious solutions:

- SWITCH BATTERY
I tried that, using two batteries I know work. Same problem.

- RESET PRAM
- I did that, using COMMAND-OPTION-P-R at startup. The "dong" goes off twice, indicating successful reset, and yet still problem exists.

I've also tried full combination -- insert new battery, and at first boot up with new battery, immediately reset PRAM. Then set the clock. Shutdown. Take off power. Plug back in. And there it is -- forgot the date and time.

I suppose this is something that could be lived with, but I'd like to find a solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
MacHank is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs