Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
We've just released a BBM-like with the aim of communicating with every single type of existing smartphone (Iphone, Android, Blackberry, WM, Symbian, ...).

We've released the Iphone version and are hard working on the Android and Blackberry versions.
It name is pMessenger (which is only in the lite version for the moment)
You can download it there : http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/pmessenger-le-avec-push/id333252114?mt=8

Features :
- Unique ID created on the first launch (you don't need any phone number, e-mail or what else private)
- Contact list only with the person you accepted. You can add a contact by :
- Id
- e-mail, you send an e-mail to the person via your e-mail account to show him your Id
- Facebook, you can connect pMessenger to your facebook to add people you want
- Encrypted conversations (for real full privacy)
- Fully customizable (Wallpaper,
- Always reachable (PUSH), but you can set your status offline
- You have a pseudo, an icon, a status an a personnal message

And this version is FREE, go and download it there http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/pmessenger-le-avec-push/id333252114?mt=8

If you want more informations, go to http://www.pmessenger.net

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I'm "BBM-like Apps for iPhone" exhausted. I just don't care anymore.

When will Apple just make their own?

Um, they won't. IM, SMS, and email can communicate with anyone, not just a select group. Why would apple create an app that duplicates functionality but only with a small subset of the users you can already communicate with?

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
Um, they won't. IM, SMS, and email can communicate with anyone, not just a select group. Why would apple create an app that duplicates functionality but only with a small subset of the users you can already communicate with?

I will answer you with another question : why does BBM is used by so many people (they also have IM, SMS and e-mail)

pbkiller

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2007
Puerto Rico

Small subset of users? Apple sold 7.4 million iPhones in Q4 and 5.2 in Q3 around the world... That's 12.6 million people with an iPhone. I'll bet you know a couple of those that own an iPhone. It would be amazing if they did incorporate an iChat or whatever messenger for iPhone users. They even have to if they want to get real in the business world.

Suspended
Mar 15, 2008
We've just released a BBM-like with the aim of communicating with every single type of existing smartphone (Iphone, Android, Blackberry, WM, Symbian, ...).

We've released the Iphone version and are hard working on the Android and Blackberry versions.
It name is pMessenger (which is only in the lite version for the moment)
You can download it there : http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/pmessenger-le-avec-push/id333252114?mt=8

Features :
- Unique ID created on the first launch (you don't need any phone number, e-mail or what else private)
- Contact list only with the person you accepted. You can add a contact by :
- Id
- e-mail, you send an e-mail to the person via your e-mail account to show him your Id
- Facebook, you can connect pMessenger to your facebook to add people you want
- Encrypted conversations (for real full privacy)
- Fully customizable (Wallpaper,
- Always reachable (PUSH), but you can set your status offline
- You have a pseudo, an icon, a status an a personnal message

And this version is FREE, go and download it there http://itunes.apple.com/fr/app/pmessenger-le-avec-push/id333252114?mt=8

If you want more informations, go to http://www.pmessenger.net

In a future update, maybe make the names a single line? It takes up a lot of room. But so far, it's better than Ping.

polobreaka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
I will answer you with another question : why does BBM is used by so many people (they also have IM, SMS and e-mail)

because it is incorporated within its device out of the box. your app along with other BBM-like messengers requires you to download from itunes and not all are free. i use SMS and AIM, that alone already keeps me in contact with all of my friends and family.

just accept the fact that BBM-like apps is just another IM chatting app but limits you to only iphone users.

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
@polobreaka :
Forum are not write only, doing some reading could be good for you...
Fedj just said that they are making the exact same software for Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, Windows Phone...

Do you know any phone-to-phone messenger aiming at this number of platform...

Why phone-to-phone messenger are better ? because everyone is always reachable.
And when i'm on my phone I don't want to chat with someone on a computer firing message with his keyboard, while I'm with a virtual or small keyboard...

FYI : If you don't care, go somewhere else, that's all...

polobreaka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
@polobreaka :
Forum are not write only, doing some reading could be good for you...
Fedj just said that they are making the exact same software for Android, BlackBerry, Symbian, Windows Phone...

Do you know any phone-to-phone messenger aiming at this number of platform...

Why phone-to-phone messenger are better ? because everyone is always reachable.
And when i'm on my phone I don't want to chat with someone on a computer firing message with his keyboard, while I'm with a virtual or small keyboard...

FYI : If you don't care, go somewhere else, that's all...

i guess i miss that part about writing for every other phone platform..my bad.

but i still stand by my statement as this is just another chat program. there is no difference in using AIM or yahoo or gchat as i can still chat with anyone using computer or phone. SMS is reachable to any phone platform. the good thing about chatting via text is that you dont have to respond right away or as quickly as you can.

so you saying you cant keep up with someone chatting with you on a reg computer keyboard vs phone keyboard is a weak excuse. i can respond just as fast using my iphone or computer. as long as you know how to type, thats all that matters.

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
i guess i miss that part about writing for every other phone platform..my bad.

but i still stand by my statement as this is just another chat program. there is no difference in using AIM or yahoo or gchat as i can still chat with anyone using computer or phone. SMS is reachable to any phone platform. the good thing about chatting via text is that you dont have to respond right away or as quickly as you can.

so you saying you cant keep up with someone chatting with you on a reg computer keyboard vs phone keyboard is a weak excuse. i can respond just as fast using my iphone or computer. as long as you know how to type, thats all that matters.

Weak excuse, I dunno, i'm sure i'm not the only one thinking like that... every conversation on beejive is ending with me saying : "Talk to you later, I'm on the phone"
We don't everyone have lot of skill on virtual keyboard, I'm way faster on my computer keyboard, than my iPhone keyboard.

I do not have an AIM account, and if I found someone I want to chat with i won't ask him to register on AIM either... Here you just download the Application, and that's all, no email needed, that a plus.

BTW :
I think it is a great software, adding friends with facebook give it a big plus against other like it.
Love the fact that I can change everything on it. I already have 10 friends on it !
Good job Fedj !

fedj

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2009
I think it is a great software, adding friends with facebook give it a big plus against other like it.
Love the fact that I can change everything on it. I already have 10 friends on it !
Good job Fedj !

Thank you !

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Hey Fedj would like to know, when the update will be out... just out of curiosity !

thanks

TheSquad

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2008
Great update !!
I had some issue crashing, now it's gone for ever ! YAY ;-)

It seems that all my friends has choosed pMessenger. my facebook list of pMessenger user is growing everyday !

Good work

ctt1wbw

macrumors 68000
Jan 17, 2008
Seaford VA
Okay, I bought it. What's another buck, huh?

Right now, I think the best one for the iPhone is WhatsApp. It does everything. Let me play with this for a few and I'll post a review.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.