Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:19 PM   #1
lowonthe456
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Post YouTube video on facebook from iPhone?

I guess I must be thick, but I want to post a YouTube video on my wall in facebook from my iPhone.....is this not currently possible?


Sorry
lowonthe456 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 09:38 PM   #2
nateo200
macrumors 68030
 
nateo200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NY State
I hate this haha. This trick is kind of a pain but saves a trip to the computer; go to YouTube in safari and open your favorite and copy the link in the browser and then paste it in facebook.
nateo200 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:16 PM   #3
Acronym
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateo200 View Post
I hate this haha. This trick is kind of a pain but saves a trip to the computer; go to YouTube in safari and open your favorite and copy the link in the browser and then paste it in facebook.
i think the op would like to have it embeded in facebook.

i think the Youtube app should have a share option to embed into FB directly from the iphone.
Acronym is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2009, 10:45 PM   #4
lowonthe456
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acronym View Post
i think the op would like to have it embeded in facebook.

i think the Youtube app should have a share option to embed into FB directly from the iphone.
Exactly, I want it to embed. Is there an app for that? Lol
lowonthe456 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2010, 08:19 AM   #5
Dpw1978
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Have we missed the obvious workaround?

You can always use the full facebook site in safari to do all those things the app doesn't support...

Open facebook in safari on the iPhone and there's a link at the bottom to open the full site.
Dpw1978 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2010, 10:22 AM   #6
trssho
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: May 2009
Actually, you can do it directly in the Facebook app. Just click the camera button on the app next to where you enter: what's on your mind. Works, just did it. This is a fairly new feature, so you may have to update your app.
trssho is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 07:05 PM   #7
mechanesthesia
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by trssho View Post
Actually, you can do it directly in the Facebook app. Just click the camera button on the app next to where you enter: what's on your mind. Works, just did it. This is a fairly new feature, so you may have to update your app.
I have the updated version and all it does is say if I want to add a pic
__________________
iPhone 4 32GB Black
iPod 5.5 80GB Black
mechanesthesia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 03:23 PM   #8
mechanesthesia
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8A293)

Bump?
__________________
iPhone 4 32GB Black
iPod 5.5 80GB Black
mechanesthesia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:35 PM   #9
Horego
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpw1978 View Post
You can always use the full facebook site in safari to do all those things the app doesn't support...

Open facebook in safari on the iPhone and there's a link at the bottom to open the full site.

This is not the point, because the problem is how to copy the URL from you tube website. In fact iPhone open always the you tube app, where isn't possible to copy a link.
Horego is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2011, 11:59 PM   #10
Frenchjay
macrumors 68000
 
Frenchjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Use the m.YouTube web app! It has a share button underneath the video you want to watch/share which has a share on Facebook button. It opens a Facebook login page where you can also comment on the video before you post it to your Facebook!

Also if your using the stock YouTube app that apple made you can click the share button, share by email, that then creates a email draft with the YouTube URL. Copy the URL, delete the email draft and them paste the URL into Facebook
__________________
"stay hungry, stay foolish"
Steve Jobs 
Frenchjay is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 05:38 AM   #11
Horego
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horego View Post
This is not the point, because the problem is how to copy the URL from you tube website. In fact iPhone open always the you tube app, where isn't possible to copy a link.
A step back, to share a youtube video you can also open youtube from safari, search your video and then copy the url from the bar. After that you've just to paste the url in a your normal post!!
Horego is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 04:46 PM   #12
SAD*FACED*CLOWN
macrumors 65816
 
SAD*FACED*CLOWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Houston, TX
All you have to do is hit the share button from the mobile safari version of YouTube to post to Facebook I do it all the time..no need to copy URL's etc.
__________________
"people like to feed pigeons, but try to shoot eagles"
SAD*FACED*CLOWN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2011, 04:59 PM   #13
Frenchjay
macrumors 68000
 
Frenchjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAD*FACED*CLOWN View Post
All you have to do is hit the share button from the mobile safari version of YouTube to post to Facebook I do it all the time..no need to copy URL's etc.
This is the best method because you get the video thumbnail and the info on the video. Just save the m.YouTube app to your homes screen and your good to go!!
__________________
"stay hungry, stay foolish"
Steve Jobs 
Frenchjay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 04:39 AM   #14
john.hodges80
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
I'm pretty sure you can. Go to Safari on the iPhone and copy the URL of the video and paste it onto Facebook as your status. The video should pop up by itself.
john.hodges80 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2011, 04:17 PM   #15
jackal9x
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
iOS 5

on the I phone 4s open up safari, go to youtube.com. Once on that page if not prompted, click on the middle icon @ the bottom of the screen(little square with an arrow). Select the 3 option which should be "Add to Homescreen." That will create an icon on your iPhone's home screen. Search your videos there and that will give you the option to share via Facebook.
jackal9x is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2011, 08:32 AM   #16
iC0DY
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Orleans, LA USA
Question No option to upload imbedded YouTube anymore. (?!)

This is very cumbersome, but here's what I did:

1. Open FB app.
2. From within FB app, open YouTube (I opened a friend's posted video and then chose Open from that screen).
3. Sign into YouTube from inside the FB/YouTube app
4. From there, you can choose "desktop", which will open YouTube's full site, which will give you the upload/share option to show thumbnail.

I do not understand why the option to "Share" WITH thumbnail TO FB is not offered from the native YouTube app!

Last edited by iC0DY; Dec 22, 2011 at 09:11 AM. Reason: found answer to original question.
iC0DY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:20 PM   #17
topsyturvy9
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Kinkast

Hello,

I suggest you use this app Kinkast. It has been a very great tool for me.

It allows you to share videos directly from your iPhones through their app or through your pc or mac through their website. It allows you to email your friends and family members a link to your own private website without them needing to set-up account. You can even splice your videos with the app before sharing them with your friends.
topsyturvy9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 10:26 PM   #18
andyACEcandy
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by topsyturvy9 View Post
Hello,

I suggest you use this app Kinkast. It has been a very great tool for me.

It allows you to share videos directly from your iPhones through their app or through your pc or mac through their website. It allows you to email your friends and family members a link to your own private website without them needing to set-up account. You can even splice your videos with the app before sharing them with your friends.


What does this have to do with youtube?
andyACEcandy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2011, 11:52 PM   #19
iceterminal
macrumors 68000
 
iceterminal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Dallas Tx.
2009???? Really???

__________________
The amount of material possessions one owns should not qualify them as a successful or just person.

The only worth these items have is the one you give them.
iceterminal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:46 AM   #20
Larison44
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
All you have to do is when your on YouTube just hold the video picture until options come up and hit copy then you can share it on Facebook or whoevers Facebook by going to a profile and hit write post then you paste it
Larison44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2012, 11:55 AM   #21
TonyC28
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
This really needs to be simplified in iOS 6 with a share option in the YouTube app. How this has never been added is beyond me.
TonyC28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:13 AM   #22
katopop
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larison44 View Post
All you have to do is when your on YouTube just hold the video picture until options come up and hit copy then you can share it on Facebook or whoevers Facebook by going to a profile and hit write post then you paste it
Your method posts the link but no thumbnail.
katopop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 02:53 AM   #23
twigman08
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Just go to YouTube's mobile site and add it to your homescreen (I have it "replace" my stock YouTube app). You can then share videos and FaceBook is an option. I find the mobile website better than the App anyway.
twigman08 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2012, 02:15 PM   #24
katopop
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by twigman08 View Post
Just go to YouTube's mobile site and add it to your homescreen (I have it "replace" my stock YouTube app). You can then share videos and FaceBook is an option. I find the mobile website better than the App anyway.
That works great. However if you want to post the video and thumb nail to another page, you must open the "full facebook" then copy and past the URL from the mobile youtube.
katopop is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPad: Facebook YouTube videos>YouTube app jjk454ss Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks 0 Jan 6, 2014 01:08 PM
How to export your iPhone 5S slow motion videos to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, etc. skylarbrenden iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Oct 19, 2013 06:15 PM
iPhone 4 - any way to block YouTube via Facebook? jaxmac250 iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 2 Oct 18, 2012 12:15 AM
Can I access Youtube and Facebook on my iphone 4? tonymail iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting 3 Jul 18, 2012 04:58 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC