Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
This strange problem just started happening today. Here's my simple network setup and how it is related to iTunes music store:
(a)My eMac is on the first floor and it is connected directly to my airport extreme, which is connected to my 2wire 1100 portal. Both airport and the 2wire 1100 are directly by my eMac. My G5 w/extreme card is on my third floor and receives its signal from the airport extreme on the first floor.
(b) the problem is that every time I try to connect to the iTunes music store via my G5, it kills its internet connection along with the eMac's. My G5 is still showing that it is getting signal from airport and it is still connected to the network, but I have no internet. I then go downstairs and turn off the airport extreme for 30 seconds and let it restart. After this, both connections work fine... that is until I try to access the iTunes store from my G5. Does anyone have any idea what is up?

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
2A Batterie said:
This strange problem just started happening today. Here's my simple network setup and how it is related to iTunes music store:
(a)My eMac is on the first floor and it is connected directly to my airport extreme, which is connected to my 2wire 1100 portal. Both airport and the 2wire 1100 are directly by my eMac. My G5 w/extreme card is on my third floor and receives its signal from the airport extreme on the first floor.
(b) the problem is that every time I try to connect to the iTunes music store via my G5, it kills its internet connection along with the eMac's. My G5 is still showing that it is getting signal from airport and it is still connected to the network, but I have no internet. I then go downstairs and turn off the airport extreme for 30 seconds and let it restart. After this, both connections work fine... that is until I try to access the iTunes store from my G5. Does anyone have any idea what is up?

This might be your 2wire 1100 portal. http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,9841169~mode=flat It might be causing conflicts with any router that is connected to it. I would look into getting a new modem.

2A Batterie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Out of a Suitcase, USA
maybe a fix?

I went into system preferences>sharing>firewall and unchecked, then rechecked itunes music store. This worked last night... we'll see if there are any more porblems.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.