Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joec144

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Cape Cod
Ok I give up. I have searched and found others with the same issue but can't find a solution. I just got a new MBP and it works great. Problem is I am trying to move some files from the PB with Tiger to the MBP but when I try to get in a PB with the MBP the file sharing is not working. This is also happening with my Imac. However I can access both the Imac and the MBP from the PB with no problem. I cannot remember when this started but it did work ok a while ago but I did just update the Imac with SL and obviously the MBP has SL also. To make it more interesting I have a PC on the network that I can access with all the mac's no problem. I have tried all the setting to no avail. Is this a known bug or is there a fix. All comp's are up to date.

My systems are : 20" imac w/intel, MBP w/Intel, PB G4

Thanks and sorry I think this has been asked but I cannot find the solution if there is one

Joe

telecomm

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
Rome
I've also had problems connecting from Snow Leopard (on a MBP) to Tiger (on a PB), and after looking into this some time ago, it does seem that there's a bug. (I can recall a thread on the Apple discussion forum about this.)

Anyway, I can also connect from Tiger to Snow Leopard, but not the other way around.

At least you'll be able access your MBP from the PB, so you can at least drop files into the shared folder on your MBP.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.