Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fabioelia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
After about 10 minutes of running the video breaks up and is un watchable. Any suggestions of how I can go about fixing this!??

thanks in advance

PcBgone

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Is this video a dvd rip or purchased from Itunes? If its a rip then you need to re-rip it as somehow it became corrupt...If its a purchase, Id contact Apple, and they may allow you to redownload it..

fabioelia

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2009
Its a itunes download.
But the problem is that after the unit starts heating up then the video becomes choppy. After being off and cooled off it runs fine until it heats up.

appletvuserinMS

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2009
My apple tv video is scrambled

I just got my apple tv yesterday - set it up and it worked great and I loved it. Just now when I tried to watch it, the video is all scambled and is unwatchable. Seems like the same problem as the first post. Did you ever figure out what the problem is?

VTMac

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Sounds like overheating. ATV runs very hot. Make sure you don't have anything on top of it, or push up against it's sides.

If you don't, then I'd assume your unit is defective and needs replaced.

sandman42

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2003
Seattle
I just re-ripped some DVDs using the settings in this post, to see how much of a size improvement I got over the Handbrake 'Universal' setting. I checked the new rip in Quicktime on my computer and it looked fine, so I put it in iTunes and checked it on the :apple:TV.

The video syncs ok and does play on the :apple:TV, but the colors are messed up and there are tons of artifacts -- it doesn't look anything like what I see when I play it in Quicktime. Other videos play ok.

Sounds like this may be the same, or at least a similar, problem. Anyone have any idea why people are suddenly having this problem (or has this been around for a while and I somehow missed it)?

To the OP, when you see this problem do all videos do it, or is it only certain ones?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.