Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Nov 14, 2009, 08:43 PM   #1
Goona
macrumors 68020

My iphone won't turn on.

What do I do? I'm charging it but it won't turn on. My whole life is on that phone. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah. If when i take it to the Apple store tomorrow, will they give me one to use and how will I be able to get my info from the phone i think is dead onto that one?
Goona is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2009, 08:52 PM   #2
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Reboot the phone by holding down the power and home buttons at the same time. Wait until you see the silver apple.

If that doesn't work, try this: First open iTunes and connect your USB cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the USB cord into your iPhone, while continuing to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 02:30 AM   #3
jfresh23
macrumors newbie

Smile omg this wrks

Quote:
Originally Posted by -aggie- View Post
Reboot the phone by holding down the power and home buttons at the same time. Wait until you see the silver apple.

If that doesn't work, try this: First open iTunes and connect your USB cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the USB cord into your iPhone, while continuing to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.

I was so scared my phone wouldnt wrk i had it plugged up to my computer and everything and i finally did what u said and it worked i just wanna say thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
jfresh23 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2010, 10:09 AM   #4
marshall292
macrumors newbie

Unhappy my iphone wont turn on!!!

my iphone 3gs would not turn on this afternoon!!
it was nearly fully charged so it wasnt down to a flat battery!
luckily after googling the problem found this site and read that if u press the on/off button and the home button at the same time it should eventually turn on! and guess what! it did! yeaaa

Thanks a lot ppl
marshall292 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 06:51 AM   #5
Ishak6
macrumors newbie

Unhappy It's not working!

For any reason my iPhone won't switch on, I've followed the instructions (power and home buttons) but it is not working... argh! ...

HELP!!!
Ishak6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2010, 01:11 PM   #6
-aggie-
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishak6 View Post
For any reason my iPhone won't switch on, I've followed the instructions (power and home buttons) but it is not working... argh! ...

HELP!!!
Did it run out of battery or did it just happen?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:53 AM   #7
Sooty12
macrumors newbie

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you....

My electric cut off this pm and my iPhone was charging - hasn't been on since - until I found your site and help that it.....

Many thanks x
Sooty12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 12:53 AM   #8
Larkee
macrumors newbie

i did wat you said...(hold the sleep and home button and connect to the computer) but my iphone styl wont turn on..it was connected to the computer last night and when i took it out...it wont turn on again...what shud i do?
Larkee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2010, 12:54 PM   #9
misscvg
macrumors newbie

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfresh23 View Post
I was so scared my phone wouldnt wrk i had it plugged up to my computer and everything and i finally did what u said and it worked i just wanna say thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
thank you so much for this info, i was seriously worried when i couldnt turn my iphone on....
i googled and read your answer which has worked. Thankyou so much
misscvg is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 07:56 AM   #10
pearltt
macrumors newbie

Quote:

Thanks!!!....saved me a trip to Apple.
pearltt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 02:40 PM   #11
Fargus
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Thank you so much! Mine was stuck on the apple loading screen and wouldn't do anything. I even took it to the ATT store and they told me there was nothing they could do and an Apple store might be able to help me. Tried this and it works like a champ!
Fargus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2010, 08:00 PM   #12
kaiross
macrumors newbie

Having similar problem but afraid to update to new iTunes

I tried the restore sequence above and it worked well. My problem is that I'm reluctant to upgrade to iTunes 10.0.2 because I'm using a jailbroken phone (3G on T-Mobile, broken with Jailbreakme.com and unlocked with Ultrasn0w) and have heard that it will not work with the new iTunes. I'm perf. happy using 9.2.1 as my itunes version but is there a way to restore to this older version of itunes?

Anyone else have issues with a JB phone and newer iTunes releases?

Thanks, and I apologize in advance if my JB phone question is out of bounds.

Cheers.
kaiross is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:40 PM   #13
bouni
macrumors newbie

i did what you said put still not working it does go through restoring the iphone but at the end it give me an error.. plz does anybody know what should i do????
bouni is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:56 AM   #14
roger123
macrumors newbie

iPhone backup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goona View Post
What do I do? I'm charging it but it won't turn on. My whole life is on that phone. Aaaaaaaaaaaaah. If when i take it to the Apple store tomorrow, will they give me one to use and how will I be able to get my info from the phone i think is dead onto that one?
Hi there!
If your iPhone is not turning on then it doesn't mean that it is completely dead. You can try the following steps to turn it on:
1.Turn it On/Restart
2.Press Hold and Home button together
3.Change your phone
4.Restore to factory settings

Or you can take more help here - (http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonetroub...rn-On-Help.htm)

Howvere, any iPhone, iPod or iPad users must be careful and always keep updated backup of the device data to prevent any situation of the device corruption and thus the data loss.
Source: http://www.iphonebackupsoftware.com
roger123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting