Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfj5444

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I know that Windows 7 is not officially fully supported yet but I have been having some strangeness with my BT devices.

My wireless Apple keyboard and Magic Mouse sync'd with out any issues or even having to pair them when I first installed Windows 7 x64, and then the Bootcamp drivers.

Since then it has been hit or miss on the mouse, and it never works on the KB. I cannot pair either of them. They both always show up as paired, but only the mouse works and then rarely. I noticed it seems to stop working anytime I plug in another USB device.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have removed the BT drivers from Apple trying to get one from Windows Update but no luck there. I have extracted the new BT update for Windows from Apple and that seemed to help just a bit.

The strangest thing is that it worked at first and never again :\

peskaa

macrumors 68020
Mar 13, 2008
London, UK
Happened to me on a 2006 iMac actually as well. Keyboard worked fine during install, and up until the BootCamp drivers were installed. Once they were on, Windows 7 would simply not connect the keyboard.

I put this down to Win7 and BootCamp not being supported yet, and I think Apple needs to do a bit of driver tweaking. Annoying though.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Happened to me on a 2006 iMac actually as well. Keyboard worked fine during install, and up until the BootCamp drivers were installed. Once they were on, Windows 7 would simply not connect the keyboard.

I put this down to Win7 and BootCamp not being supported yet, and I think Apple needs to do a bit of driver tweaking. Annoying though.

I have never been to consistently get Bootcamp'ed Vista to work with my Bluetooth keyboard. My Bluetooth MS notebook mouse works 95% of the time. When it doesn't I disable and enable the the Bluetooth in the Device Mgr and it usually comes back. If not a reboot usually resolves the issue. These issues happen on my uMBP and our 1st Gen MacPro both in Windows Vista.

Cheers,

wfj5444

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
I have never been to consistently get Bootcamp'ed Vista to work with my Bluetooth keyboard. My Bluetooth MS notebook mouse works 95% of the time. When it doesn't I disable and enable the the Bluetooth in the Device Mgr and it usually comes back. If not a reboot usually resolves the issue. These issues happen on my uMBP and our 1st Gen MacPro both in Windows Vista.

Cheers,

Unfortunately, I can't seem to do much to make it work anywhere near 95% of the time. I get around 50% with the mouse as long as I don't plug in an additional device.

Since I don't have anything on this Windows partition yet, I might reinstall it and see just exactly when I loose everything. Is it after BC? Is it after BC + Windows Update, etc..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.