Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hiohokaybye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I've been trying to figure out how to add album cover to .flac and .aiff files for a while. When I try to add it to .flac, it just shows "Album cover not modifiable" and when I try to add it to .aiff files, it does it, but then when I quit iTunes and restart it, it's gone again.

Is this a bug or it just not possible to add album cover to them?

Btw: Audiophile, would prefer .flac or .aiff over .mp3

Thanks!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Native iTunes doesn't support .flac files. You need to install 3rd party software or convert them to a format iTunes uses.

hiohokaybye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
I used Flukes to add it to iTunes, and I also tried converting .flac to .aiff, still can't add the artworks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I used Flukes to add it to iTunes, and I also tried converting .flac to .aiff, still can't add the artworks.

That's your problem. iTunes can't handle .flac files. They only play through Fluke. Unless Fluke has the capability to add artwork, you can't expect iTunes to do it. Why not convert it to a format that native iTunes can handle, and can add artwork to?

hiohokaybye

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
what file type would you suggest me to convert to (without losing the .flac quality)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.