Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks

Old Nov 15, 2009, 09:07 PM   #1
syedrizvi21
macrumors 6502

Can't Receive MMS TMobile Iphone 3g

Hi,
I have unlocked and jailbreak my iphone 3g and currently running on 3.0. Everything was working just fine until couple of days ago I received a message that the picture cannot be displayed because of size and resolution restrictions. Can someone help me?

thanks

www.SyedRizvi.shutterfly.com
syedrizvi21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2009, 09:11 PM   #2
jmann
macrumors 604

Location: On a bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
Send a message via Skype™ to jmann
Go to google and search for "spookyet ipcc" and you should be able to find the t-mobile ipecac files to install via iTunes and that should clear up any problems. Just use the postpaid t-zones one.

here is a link: http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/65...er-bundle.html
Old Nov 16, 2009, 01:09 PM   #3
nukeum1
macrumors newbie

How to send and receive mms on iphone 3g for tmobile

I have a jailbroken unlocked iphone with ver 3.1.2 firmware and modem firmware 05.11.07 let me clear up confusion here are the instructions for those lost ones

Go to Cydia now touch "sections" , scroll down to "tweaks" select it now scoll down to T-mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid, there are 6 of them , it should be the second one , to make sure it is the right on , touch each one it will load and in about 10 sec look for the one with the description that says (tmobile carrier support for postpaid and flexpaid BLACKBERRY plans, It enables MMS, internet, etc........ ) this is the one you want. Now once you find it look in the right top corner select install then confirm, it will install and the phone will reboot, now shut down the phone restart it and tada you now can Send and Receive MMS
ensure your cellular info:

Cellular Data
APN - epc.tmobile.com
user name - (its blank)
password - (also blank)
MMS
APN - wap.voicestream.com
Username - (blank)
password - (blank)
MMSC - http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy - 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size - 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL - http://www.apple,com/mms/uaprof.rdf
nukeum1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2009, 06:16 PM   #4
ipoditouch
macrumors newbie

Data on unlock iPhone not working

I recently re-jailbroken and unlocked my iPhone 3g S. The problem that is occuring now, I am not getting any internet, youtube, gps or even use any apps for that matter. I had my phone on jailbreak before by pwnagetool and it work but then had it unlock through blacksn0w. I was reading in some other forums were they suggested to jailbreak and unlock with the same inventor. So, I used blackra1n and blacksn0w, but I am still having the same problems. I tried using pushfix but that did nothing. Do anyone have any suggestions or tricks I may try? My Wifi works fine, but I also tried to reset network thinking that might do the trick. Please help I am in need of assistance.
ipoditouch is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2009, 02:17 PM   #5
juslykekandy
macrumors newbie

I'm still unable to get MMS on my Iphone with Tmobile HELP

I have did everything and still getting an error that cant download media content due to resolution or message size restriction
juslykekandy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 01:02 AM   #6
syedrizvi21
macrumors 6502

NOTHIN WORKS....HELP!!!

www.SyedRizvi.shutterfly.com
syedrizvi21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2009, 05:04 AM   #7
jmann
macrumors 604

Location: On a bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
Send a message via Skype™ to jmann
Which IPCC file did you install?
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:08 PM   #8
Iphone-Killer
macrumors newbie

This really worked for me dude thank you I have fought with this for the longest time

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeum1 View Post
I have a jailbroken unlocked iphone with ver 3.1.2 firmware and modem firmware 05.11.07 let me clear up confusion here are the instructions for those lost ones

Go to Cydia now touch "sections" , scroll down to "tweaks" select it now scoll down to T-mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid, there are 6 of them , it should be the second one , to make sure it is the right on , touch each one it will load and in about 10 sec look for the one with the description that says (tmobile carrier support for postpaid and flexpaid BLACKBERRY plans, It enables MMS, internet, etc........ ) this is the one you want. Now once you find it look in the right top corner select install then confirm, it will install and the phone will reboot, now shut down the phone restart it and tada you now can Send and Receive MMS

Cellular Data
APN - epc.tmobile.com
user name - (its blank)
password - (also blank)
MMS
Username - (blank)
password - (blank)
Dude you rock .........right on with this any how I rewrote with more detail for those who are really impaired lol I hope you dont mind:

Go to Cydia (the application on your phone) now touch "sections" (On the bottom of the cydia screen), scroll down to "tweaks" (In the T section) select it now scoll down to T-mobile US - Postpaid/Flexpaid, there are 6 of them , it should be the second one (The first one worked for me (I have an Iphone 3G 3.2 update on it)) , to make sure it is the right on , touch each one it will load and in about 10 sec look for the one with the description that says (tmobile carrier support for postpaid and flexpaid BLACKBERRY plans, It enables MMS, internet, etc........ ) this is the one you want (Both worked). Now once you find it look in the right top corner select install then confirm, it will install and the phone will reboot, now shut down the phone restart it and tada you now can Send and Receive MMS ( I had to manually restart it after its installation but worked like a charm)
go to settings--general--network--Cellular Data Network

(make sure it has all this automatically, you also have to call t-mobile and make sure they have you set up with "Provision Sock"))

APN - epc.tmobile.com
user name - (its blank)
password - (also blank)
MMS
Username - (blank)
password - (blank)
Iphone-Killer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2010, 12:41 PM   #9
katruns
macrumors newbie

I did it! worked perfectly. thank you.
katruns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2010, 07:35 PM   #10
OrangeSVTguy
macrumors 601

After following a few guides online, I got it all working properly too until finally just searching this site and found this thread. I had to use voicestream for both MMS and cellular data.

I just sent a picture mms to myself and it turned out great. I've heard of many issues with the pictures being grainy or small? I didn't have that problem.

Thanks Nukeum1 for the Tweaks as I guess that was the last thing I needed for MMS to work in my iPhone Edge w/ T-Mobile
Old May 8, 2010, 01:51 AM   #11
mustnotsleep
macrumors 6502

this possible on prepaid?
mustnotsleep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2010, 11:03 AM   #12
OrangeSVTguy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustnotsleep View Post
this possible on prepaid?
Yes. I'm on the $59.99 plan with 500 minutes and unlimited text, data and free nights and weekends.

Now I only wish I could record video and send them. Maybe I'll buy a 3g or 3gs when the new iPhones come out.
Old May 8, 2010, 02:43 PM   #13
mustnotsleep
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSVTguy View Post
Yes. I'm on the $59.99 plan with 500 minutes and unlimited text, data and free nights and weekends.

Now I only wish I could record video and send them. Maybe I'll buy a 3g or 3gs when the new iPhones come out.
well i dont have even the prepaid monthly plans, i pay $100 for 1000 minutes/texts that lasts for a year that i mainly just use for receiving incoming calls and for texting. i use skype/wifi for most everything else. i dont understand why editing the APN data would be good for somebody on a completely prepaid plan like me.
mustnotsleep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:01 AM   #14
PinoySaMI
macrumors member

Cant receive MMS

In Cydia, there are only 2options for T-mobile US under Tweaks. Which one should I use. Also I am also getting error messages when I tried to download any of these two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukeum1 View Post

Cellular Data
APN - epc.tmobile.com
user name - (its blank)
password - (also blank)
MMS
Username - (blank)
password - (blank)
PinoySaMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2010, 11:24 AM   #15
Rizvi1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinoySaMI View Post
In Cydia, there are only 2options for T-mobile US under Tweaks. Which one should I use. Also I am also getting error messages when I tried to download any of these two.
I thought I had configured my wife's recently purchased (used)/ recently jailbroken & unlocked iPhone 3gs but she just messaged me saying "the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction". This thread came up in my search and it seems the info above is older and maybe doesn't work anymore as per PinoySaMI 's post? I won't be able to check out the phone til I get home but I wanted to post in the meantime to hear any other thoughts if this problem can be fixed. Also I have a 3gs but I Assume the instructions are the same?
Old Dec 6, 2010, 02:44 PM   #16
PinoySaMI
macrumors member

that instruction should work. I both have 3G and 3GS.

Under MMSC try: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Downside is the t-mobile US under Tweaks in Cydia to donwload is no longer available.

I read someone saying to download: http://sinfuliphonerepo.com and from there downlaod tmobile mms fix.
PinoySaMI is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 11:17 AM   #17
rjewlz
macrumors newbie

Still cant receive picture messages

Ok so I tried everything posted here, however when I got to tweaks, there was nothing there about T-mobile postpaid/flexpaid, so what do i do now...
rjewlz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:12 PM   #18
Orion126
macrumors regular

Erase the settings above and try this:

Go to modmyi.com and under forums there is a T-Mobile subforum that has info on how to get MMS. Basically you will download a file with ipcc's that you will update your phone with. I did it just last night and can confirm that works good.

Unfortunately I can't link you because modmyi.com seems to be down currently.

There is a video on the guys website that shows you how to do it. Before you load it make sure the volume is low because the guy put some hard rock music in the background that's really loud.

Good luck and let us know if it works.
Orion126 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2011, 05:28 PM   #19
UrBoyTim
macrumors member

Not sure if you've found a solution or not, but I just had this problem resolved yesterday. You need you add the xsellize source to cydia and in it you will find the proper mms fix and tethering for t-mobile and at&t. This will create the correct apn codes and whatnot. I could always send, but got that same error when receiving; I thought I'd just have to sacrifice, but now I'm very pleased with how it's going!

I have an iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 with the iPad baseband. It works great now!
Hope this helps.
UrBoyTim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2011, 01:22 AM   #20
Rizvi1
macrumors 6502a

I downloaded the Xsellize Source to my jailbroken, unlocked to T-mobile iPhone 3gs (Currently on Version 4.0 (8A293) / Modem firmware 05. 13.04. I got size mismatch errors though when I Tried to install the T-mobile iOS4 MMS Fix. I even tried the MMS & Tethering Settings for 3.1.2 Firmware and got size mismatch errors there too. I got them on the NES Emulator I tried to install as well. Restarted the phone and tried again but got the same errors. Attached are some screenshots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	xSellize Source installed on iPhone 3gs.png
Views:	142
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	296029   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Mobile iOS4 MMS Fix in Xsellize.png
Views:	127
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	296030   Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Mobile iOS4 MMS Fix Size mismatch error in Xsellize.png
Views:	115
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	296031  

Click image for larger version

Name:	MMS & Tethering Settings For 3.1.2 Firmware in Xsellize.png
Views:	99
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	296032   Click image for larger version

Name:	MMS & Tethering Settings Size mismatch error.png
Views:	108
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	296033  
Old Aug 1, 2011, 10:23 AM   #21
officer140
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizvi1 View Post
I downloaded the Xsellize Source to my jailbroken, unlocked to T-mobile iPhone 3gs (Currently on Version 4.0 (8A293) / Modem firmware 05. 13.04. I got size mismatch errors though when I Tried to install the T-mobile iOS4 MMS Fix. I even tried the MMS & Tethering Settings for 3.1.2 Firmware and got size mismatch errors there too. I got them on the NES Emulator I tried to install as well. Restarted the phone and tried again but got the same errors. Attached are some screenshots
I'm having the same issues. The other odd thing is that ANYTHING that I try to get from XSellize, gives me the same error message.
officer140 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1, 2011, 09:01 PM   #22
Rizvi1
macrumors 6502a

^ yep, I mentioned some of the other ones I tried which wouldn't work. I Wonder what else can be done so that my wife can send and receive MMS messages on her jailbroken/unlocked iPhone 3gs being used w/ t-mobile.
Old Aug 2, 2011, 10:49 AM   #23
Orion126
macrumors regular

As I mentioned above go here:

http://blog.tweefari.com/post/362660...carrier-bundle

At the bottom you will see bundles. Choose the iOS version you currently have. From their readme:

--------------------------------------------------------------
How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes for Mac OS X
Step 1: Quit iTunes.
Step 2: Launch Terminal.app found in /Applications/Utilities folder.
Step 3: Enter the following command into the Terminal window:

defaults write com.apple.iTunes carrier-testing -bool TRUE

Step 4: Connect the iPhone and launch iTunes.
Step 5: Select the iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down the Option key and click the "Check for Update" button.
Step 6: Select the proper .ipcc file.

How to Enable Carrier Bundle Support in iTunes for Windows
Step 1: Quit iTunes.
Step 2: Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.

"C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
OR
"C:\Program Files (x86)\iTunes\iTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Step 3: Connect the iPhone and click to launch iTunes from your Start Menu.
Step 4: Select the iPhone from the list of devices on the left then hold down the Shift key and click the "Check for Update" button.
Step 5: Select the proper .ipcc file.

I used this one on my sisters 3G and it works fine:

t-mobile_us_standard.ipcc
Orion126 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2011, 01:20 AM   #24
Rizvi1
macrumors 6502a

^ Thank you. Will follow this tutorial once I do a restore on my iPhone 3gs making it as close to new as possible. I'm hoping to take the FW to the latest iOS possible to maintain my Jailbreak/Unlock so that I can continue using the phone with t-mobile.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:01 PM   #25
Perro4
macrumors newbie

Exclamation iPhone 4 mms

I have an iPhone 4 that is jailbroken and all that great stuff. I'm on the t-mobile network and I'm able to send, but can't recieve picture messages. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Perro4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks