Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Nov 16, 2009, 07:01 PM   #1
DrewCH
macrumors newbie

Custom UITableViewCell edit mode

I'm trying to develop a custom edit mode for a UITableViewCell which basically just enables/disables user interactivity with the UITableViewCell objects. I'm running into a problem where after clicking the Edit button, the code for enabling interactivity fires, but the cell does not become interactive until after the Done button is pressed. I discovered this by commenting out the code for disabling interactivity. Without commenting the code out, the cell never becomes interactive because the disabling code runs. Here is the implementation of the custom UITableViewCell:

Code:
#import "FlingdarTableViewCell.h"

@implementation FlingdarTableViewCell

- (void)setEditing:(BOOL)editing animated:(BOOL)animated
{
	//[super setEditing:editing animated:animated];
	[self setNeedsLayout];
}

- (void)layoutSubviews
{	
	[super layoutSubviews];

if (((UITableView *)self.superview).isEditing)
	{
		[self setAccessoryType:UITableViewCellAccessoryDisclosureIndicator];
		[(FlingdarTableViewCell *)self setUserInteractionEnabled:YES];
	}
	else
	{
		[self setAccessoryType:UITableViewCellAccessoryNone];
		[(FlingdarTableViewCell *)self setUserInteractionEnabled:NO];
	}

}

- (void)dealloc
{
    [super dealloc];
}

@end
Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need to see any of the other code, I can provide it.
DrewCH is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming