Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

U2Rules!

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Minnesota
I have a few questions that I hope someone can help me with....I just bought some Bose Mediamate speakers to use with my Powerbook and iPod. Do you hook these up using the headphone jack on both the PB and iPod? What cables do you need? I bought some Belkin Y audio cable, will these work. I have a dock for the iPod but I don't think it's working.....I plug it in and can't even charge the pod with it, am I doing something wrong????? Any help is much appreciated and needed.

budaapple

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2004
Ill.
rca and away

The media mates have a female input for RCA jacks. A standard Radio Shack cable that is RCA (male) on one end and 1/4 stereo phono plug on the other end should do the trick. Then simply plug in either device to the phono plug and you are ready to rock. The dock issue should either plug into the firewire connection on your PB to get juice or into the wall AC with the provided cable adapter. If either method does not charge the Ipod then it could be defective. If so contact Apple or wherever you bought it from and I am sure they will exchange it for you.
Hope that helps
Peace

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.